• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Hyperspace Lexicon work thread

Camera-mode:

the condition of being unable to think; only able to perceive

[a giant blue thing told me STOP THINKING! JUST WATCH! and I had no choice in following this command, I felt like a camera, empty and yet full of the incredible moment]

anyone else get this?
also I don't see 'launching' and 'launchpad' officially recognised...and these are in popular use,

kaos.underwave said:
Camera-mode:

the condition of being unable to think; only able to perceive

[a giant blue thing told me STOP THINKING! JUST WATCH! and I had no choice in following this command, I felt like a camera, empty and yet full of the incredible moment]

anyone else get this?
also I don't see 'launching' and 'launchpad' officially recognised...and these are in popular use,

Instead of camera-mode, how about "thoughtless awareness"?

yeah I see where your going with that... camera-mode is really basic and crude... but I don't like the apathetic associations of 'thoughtless' no matter how accurate it seems.

"Silent awareness" seems a good synthesis, don't you think?

thanks areyouanywhere, first post?

Audio plasticity - When the crazy hyperspace sounds and words become entangled in the hallucination. For example; "wow" stretched and split into a thousand million other little 'wow's with perfect glitching audio clarity - then all the little wows dissapeared each into their own respective cell of the alex grey "dying" artwork.

shoe said:
Audio plasticity - When the crazy hyperspace sounds and words become entangled in the hallucination. For example; "wow" stretched and split into a thousand million other little 'wow's with perfect glitching audio clarity - then all the little wows dissapeared each into their own respective cell of the alex grey "dying" artwork.

:lol:

vegantoker said:
This is were the magic happens and the Hyperspace Lexicon will take shape.

To contribute please do one or all of the following:

1. Propose an aspect of hyperspace to define, please explain the aspect you are talking about to the best of your ability so others may help in forming a definition we can agree on.

2. Help define specific aspects of hyperspace.

3. Propose terms to fit the agreed upon definitions.

Below are helpful links for doing so, but by no means are you confined to using anything to come up with terms. Make them up if you wish:

botanical terms
medical roots, suffixes and prefixes
anatomical terms
astronomy terms
chemistry terms

(If you have more links you think should be added to this list please PM me (or a mod if they don't mind) and I'll add them. It will help keep this thread less cluttered.)

4. Once we agree on the term and definition for a specific aspect post the final term with it's definition on the Hyperspace Lexicon page.

Let's get to work!

Botanical terms. My favourite. Unfortunately I haven´t done my very 1st extraction yet, so I can´t add to wiki. I´m waiting for money for lab equipment... Don´t wanna bother you all with details.

shoe said:
I love it! I've often wondered if this phenomenon has something to do with sound trying to travel across dimensions. One would think it would have to get stretched, twisted and rearranged when doing so.

Peace!
-idt

idtravlr said:
shoe said:
I love it! I've often wondered if this phenomenon has something to do with sound trying to travel across dimensions. One would think it would have to get stretched, twisted and rearranged when doing so.

Peace!
-idt

I love that. I'd just like to point out that what you said makes absoloutely no sense. First of all, if this place is a seperate dimension, we access it through raising the level of our awareness, which biologically speaking, happens inside the brain. There is no way for sound to travel from the higher planes into our EARS, man! lmao

shoe said:
idtravlr said:
shoe said:

Peace!
-idt

I love that. I'd just like to point out that what you said makes absoloutely no sense. First of all, if this place is a seperate dimension, we access it through raising the level of our awareness, which biologically speaking, happens inside the brain. There is no way for sound to travel from the higher planes into our EARS, man! lmao
The sound isn't being received by our ears. It's being received by audio senses in our higher consciousness, just like what we see is being received by visual senses in our higher consciousness. You don't need eyes to see, or *sound* (EDIT: I mean ears) to hear brother.

But even if this wasn't the case, sound travels in waves, just as light does, and any wave can appear distorted and manipulated when observed in a dimension beyond our 3D limitations. What you just stated is awfully over simplified. Hahaha! You're a goofy cat Shoe. I believe you have a PHD in Quantum Physics, isn't that right? You should know this! :lol: :roll:

Peace,
-idt

This is a really interesting area of discussion!
Although the whole idea of having a higher consiousness kinda mutes any idea of receiving sound, as you said,
"don't need eyes to see or sound to hear" I just wanted to point out that in order to hear there has to be
gas, somekind of medium for the sound waves to travel though. I don't think such a thing exists in hyperspace;
it seems to be purely a dimension of magic and mind. Infact the whole idea of hyperspace being physical,
- which is my point - is just wrong. Clearly, hyperspace is not physical.

Edit: Totally off-topic

shoe said:
This is a really interesting area of discussion!
Although the whole idea of having a higher consiousness kinda mutes any idea of receiving sound, as you said,
"don't need eyes to see or sound to hear" I just wanted to point out that in order to hear there has to be
gas, somekind of medium for the sound waves to travel though. I don't think such a thing exists in hyperspace;
it seems to be purely a dimension of magic and mind. Infact the whole idea of hyperspace being physical,
- which is my point - is just wrong. Clearly, hyperspace is not physical.

Edit: Totally off-topic
Yep. Definitely a bigger topic for further discussion, but since this is off topic as you stated, perhaps I will start a new thread in the philosophy area.

Peace!
-idt

Why not keep it here? Is it really off topic?

"1. Propose an aspect of hyperspace to define, please explain the aspect you are talking about to the best of your ability so others may help in forming a definition we can agree on."

Especially since the debate seems to result at least partly from the terms you use to put your concepts across. 'Dimension' for example, could represent an independent physical space, or 'a dimension of magic and mind'

It isn't unreasonable to say that sound gets twisted when trying to travel across dimensions. All our perceptions are processed in some way, unnecessary information censored, things rearranged... The sound we normally experience is twisted into electrical and chemical representations before we even experience it.

Define your aspects!

Would like to add new term: Tryptamine trance.

State of being in which the tryptamine user gets in after ingestion of the tryptamine hallucinogen.

It doesn´t refer to DMT, I know, but since DMT is most important tryptamine hallucinogen...

The sound is electrochemical impulses as we experience it. There is no futher processing than the neurons of the brain. Weird huh? Consiousness is like a spider with its legs in the web of the brain...

Regardless of how or if sound travels across dimensions, I just wanted to chime in that I like "audio plasticity" a lot. I think it's a keeper and definitely resonates with anyone who's experienced it (pun intended....). :p

A term I've coined and been using for years

The Godsmack - A suprisingly strong dose of DMT solely from a thickly resinated pipe. Some of the unusual effects may be due to DMT-oxide or jungle spice built up in the bowl, resulting in the feeling as if God has reached down from the heavens and bitch smacked the bejesus out of you.

Has anyone here read Prof Benny Shanons "The Antipodes of the Mind: Charting the Phenomenology of the Ayahuasca Experience"

It has a really good system for standardized descriptions for Ayahuasca with may be able to be retrofitted into the Lexicon.

here's a link to check it [read it] on Amazon

and google books [so you can get the pages that each one misses]

Anyone else think this could be a good idea to link in with an already developed system [and by a professional in the field]?

Back
Top Bottom