• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

I need lotsa help............

Migrated topic.

Dankone

Rising Star
Ok, so SWIM just started researching the process of extracting DMT from Mimosa Hostilis bark and they come to realise this stuff is both extremely difficult and dangerous. So right now SWIM has 3 ounces of MHRB, Roebic drain opener (NaOH) and vm&p Naphtha, 1 gallon milk jug to mix... SWIM has read that NaOh is dangerous and can eat through glass and plastic , is this true? Plus NaOH is all SWIM can get ATM...

So SWIM's questions are, What tek would you recommend SWIM start with? Can SWIM use NaOH and still produce product? What does SWIM do if they don't have a separatory funnel? Can SWIM maybe get a few pointers?

tolu said:
You'll find an STB extraction easier.

yes this would be best for someones first extraction..

in any case read up dont take my short description as THE WORD im just trying to help but you should take some responsibility and do your own research if you are serious about doing this

Thanks again guys, i appreciate all the help. :)

Got a couple more questions if anyone wants to answer them...

Can anyone define exactly what a "pull" is? From what i take a pull is when you put the naphtha in the Lye water and it pulls the dmt out the MHRB? i feel like that's wrong tho...

also, SWIM has about 60-80 grams of crushed up MHRB, so that would mean he puts about 60-70 grams of lye in the water, right? How would SWIM meaure 60-70 grams of lye? Like on a scale? Also how much Naphtha would he add to his mix?Sorry i know these are stupid questions, but im a stupid person.

All this help is really great, i hope you guys aren't getting annoyed with all my questions. I'm doing the research, but i have a low reading comprehension i guess...

anyways Thanks again. :p

aaaand a couple more questions, for now...

I read that SWIM shouldn't use sodium bicarbonate in their wash in a STB, which is what they were planning on doing... wot should they use?

and i'm still unsure, is a milk carton made of HDPE, or LDPE?

Ok ok, gonna squeeze one more question in here..... anyone feel free to answer which ever ones you want.

So, what happens if SWIM's freezer isn't that functional? I mean, it works, it freezes ice cream, but it doesn't freeze it HARD like it says it should in the Noman's tek. Will this be detrimental?

Dankone said:
Can anyone define exactly what a "pull" is? From what i take a pull is when you put the naphtha in the Lye water and it pulls the dmt out the MHRB? i feel like that's wrong tho...
That's correct.
Dankone said:
also, SWIM has about 60-80 grams of crushed up MHRB, so that would mean he puts about 60-70 grams of lye in the water, right? How would SWIM meaure 60-70 grams of lye? Like on a scale?
Yeah a scale. Or if you don't have a scale for some reason, a tablespoon of lye is roughly 15 grams. So you could estimate that way, it doesn't make a difference.

Dankone said:
I read that SWIM shouldn't use sodium bicarbonate in their wash in a STB, which is what they were planning on doing... wot should they use?
Do you mean sodium carbonate? Sodium Bicarbonate would be a bad choice for washing. (Whether it was stb or a/b is irrelevant)
I'd recommend you do a recrystalization instead, if my friend ever felt the need to clean his dmt he would do this.
If you look around the forum, use the search and browse the wiki you can find out how to do this.

Dankone said:
So, what happens if SWIM's freezer isn't that functional? I mean, it works, it freezes ice cream, but it doesn't freeze it HARD like it says it should in the Noman's tek. Will this be detrimental?
Yes. Decrease the temperature?
Otherwise don't bother with freeze precipitating it, just evaporate it.

Thank you, Tolu! You are fricking awesome , bro.

ok , I got a new question that SWIM wanted to ask tho.... if he wanted to evaporate the naphtha, could he put the mixture under a 400 watt High pressure sodium lightbulb? and if so, for how long? just until it's all gone?

Dankone said:
ok , I got a new question that SWIM wanted to ask tho.... if he wanted to evaporate the naphtha, could he put the mixture under a 400 watt High pressure sodium lightbulb? and if so, for how long? just until it's all gone?
Yeah you could do that, but don't have it too close otherwise you'll evaporate the dmt.
The only problem with this is that if it gets too warm a lot of dmt-n-oxide will form, because you're actually heating the dmt freebase when it has formed.
This will mean you'll have a more sticky/gooey residue left over, which while perfect smokable, would need either scraping/spreading to a very thin layer for it to dry a bit better, or conversion back into freebase form.
Alternatively you can just scrape a dose onto a cut of rolling paper, and vaporize that. Won't be able to accurately measure your dose but my friend hasn't found it to be very important.

cool, so it sounds like SWIM should take the safe route and just evaporate normally by a window then... thanks man.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now I can't think of any.

Thanks again everybody:!:

Dankone said:
cool, so it sounds like SWIM should take the safe route and just evaporate normally by a window then... thanks man.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now I can't think of any.

Thanks again everybody:!:
No problem. :)
When there is little naphtha left you can add a fan to speed it up, generally takes about another 5 minutes or so when my friend does this and he doesn't find it degrades the DMT as it's only for the last few minutes to aid in drying.

Well, I say "degrade" yet my friend actually prefers the orange goo over clear/white crystals.
He finds it to be stronger than the clear/white crystals at lower doses too.

new questions:

Could somebody show SWIM how to make sodium carbonate out of baking soda? Does he just put an x-amount of baking soda in an oven at 350 degrees for an hour?

I'm still unsure on how to wash the spice... can anyone shoot me some pointers? SWIM thinks he washes by taking the xtals out of the naphtha after the freeze precip., mix it with sodium carbonate, water , and more naptha, let that evaporate, and then freeze precip. again? is SWIM getting right?

Dankone said:
new questions:

Could somebody show SWIM how to make sodium carbonate out of baking soda? Does he just put an x-amount of baking soda in an oven at 350 degrees for an hour?

I'm still unsure on how to wash the spice... can anyone shoot me some pointers? SWIM thinks he washes by taking the xtals out of the naphtha after the freeze precip., mix it with sodium carbonate, water , and more naptha, let that evaporate, and then freeze precip. again? is SWIM getting right?
The wiki is a great place for learning all this stuff, The Nexian DMT Handbook - DMT-Nexus Wiki.
wiki said:
Procedure for Conversion of Sodium Bicarbonate into Sodium Carbonate

1. pour sodium bicarbonate onto a non-aluminum pan.
2. place in the oven at 400ºF for one hour
3. place in a storage container and store away from moisture.

* This can also be done on a stove top/oven ring in a pot and take around 5-10 minutes to completely dehydrate (it becomes a fine light white powder and the CO2 stops bubbling through the powder).

If swiy feels the need to wash their spice, then I'd recommend a recrystalization

Otherwise, for a sodium carbonate wash Vovin has the info: (this wash is done before you're freeze precipitated the naphtha)
Vovin's tek said:
Begin by taking about 50 ml of Distilled water and placing it into a flask and adding sodium carbonate to it. Just add a pinch to the water. It doesn't take much. You will only be using this mixture for the first wash. Do not use it for the second and third washes.

A little dab will do yah here, add only a small amount of the water/sodium carbonate solution to your naphtha. If you have 300 ml of naphtha then you want to put around 25 ml of the sodium carbonated water. Mix the 2 together and then place them in a seperatory funnel. Shake the hell out of it this is the only mixing step where the liquids separate almost immediately so no worries about too much agitation. Separate the water from the naphtha and discard the water.

For the second and third washes you want to use only distilled water nothing should be added. 25 ml per wash is sufficient. Perform the same procedure as above. You should not leave the water in the naphtha for too long. This means no sitting for hours letting it 'soak' you need to get it in and out.

tolu said:
Dankone said:
new questions:

The wiki is a great place for learning all this stuff, The Nexian DMT Handbook - DMT-Nexus Wiki.
wiki said:
Procedure for Conversion of Sodium Bicarbonate into Sodium Carbonate

1. pour sodium bicarbonate onto a non-aluminum pan.
2. place in the oven at 400ºF for one hour
3. place in a storage container and store away from moisture.

* This can also be done on a stove top/oven ring in a pot and take around 5-10 minutes to completely dehydrate (it becomes a fine light white powder and the CO2 stops bubbling through the powder).

If swiy feels the need to wash their spice, then I'd recommend a recrystalization

Otherwise, for a sodium carbonate wash Vovin has the info:
Vovin's tek said:
Begin by taking about 50 ml of Distilled water and placing it into a flask and adding sodium carbonate to it. Just add a pinch to the water. It doesn't take much. You will only be using this mixture for the first wash. Do not use it for the second and third washes.

A little dab will do yah here, add only a small amount of the water/sodium carbonate solution to your naphtha. If you have 300 ml of naphtha then you want to put around 25 ml of the sodium carbonated water. Mix the 2 together and then place them in a seperatory funnel. Shake the hell out of it this is the only mixing step where the liquids separate almost immediately so no worries about too much agitation. Separate the water from the naphtha and discard the water.

For the second and third washes you want to use only distilled water nothing should be added. 25 ml per wash is sufficient. Perform the same procedure as above. You should not leave the water in the naphtha for too long. This means no sitting for hours letting it 'soak' you need to get it in and out.
Thanks man, you da greatest.

really wish there was rep on this forum....

anyways, i'm about to post what SWIM thinks is the correct way of going about this STB Noman's tek, but he's still researching the forum and the net for more methods/tips so it might be awhile. if anyone feels like they want to critique SWIM's method, keep an eye on my thread and when i post it, give him any advice you can i guess.

right so, this is SWIM's take on the Noman STB tek.

He thinks that first, he could use a quart jar, instead of a half gallon milk jug in fear of chemicals eating the plastic. Is this being too cautious? He puts the 50-80 grams of MHRB into the quart jar. In another quart jar, he slowly mixes about 50-80 grams of lye (too much?) into 750-1170 mL of dH20 (not sure how much). He then adds the two and shakes the jar to mix the chemicals. Then he lets this sit for 1-2 hours. does he need to shake it at all during this time, or can he just leave it to sit?

Next, he is to add about 25-40 grams of heated Naphtha(i heard he should use .4 grams of naptha to 1 gram of mhrb, is that right?). Also should he heat the naphtha to about 200 degrees? What about lye/water solution, should i heat that as well?

After adding the naphtha, he then rolls the quart jar back and forth slowly and then lets the mixture separate. He is to agitate the mixture 3 times, each time letting the two solutions seperate, and then he pulls the top layer naptha off with a turkey baster after the last agitation. He places the siphoned naptha into a square pyrex pie dish.

after that, he goes back to the quart jar with the MHRB mix and adds another 25-40 grams more of Naphtha , and perhaps even more water. He repeats the process a few times of agitating the mixes and then pulling out the naptha. He does this maybe two more times adding the extractions to the same pie dish as before..

He takes the pie dish and lets this evaporate by a window for a few hours, maybe with a fan blowing near by. After most of the naphtha has evaporated, he places his solution in the pie dish into the freezer with saran wrap to cover it. He is done with that for now

He goes back again to the quart jar of MHRB one more time, but this time lets the naphtha sit with the MHRB for about a day, stirring every now and then for good measure to get any stray DMT.

After about a day in the freezer, he takes his jar of naphtha/crytals and pours it over a coffee filter, saving the naphtha in a jar and harvesting the crystals in the coffee filter. If the crystals look yellow/orange, he is to wash the spice with a water/sodium carbonate solution in the filter. If they look clean, he takes the crystals to dry near a window for 7-8 hours.

He then takes both of his saved naptha mixes, (the one saved from the day before, and the one saved coming from the freezer), combines them and lets them evaporate, repeating the process of harvesting the crystals through freeze precip. He is now done with his Noman tek.

Ok, now i know this post might seem hard to comprehend because i'm not really an eloquent writer and im drunk, but if you have any questions or don't understand what i'm saying, please say something.. and If anyone can PLEASE remark/criticize/improve my perceived method, PLEASE DO! i would reaaaaallllllly appreciate it! Thanks

ok well SWIM went ahead and did the tek. Right now he has four 8oz jars of naphtha solution in the fridge.

SWIM feels that the freezer might not be cold enough, it's a good freezer it just doesnt freeze ice cream rock hard like it says in the tek....

So,if the naphtha doesn't evaporate in the freezer, could he take it out after lets say 8 hours or so and then evaporate it normally? Or will step of putting it in the freezer have some adverse effects on the naphtha?

Dankone said:
right so, this is SWIM's take on the Noman STB tek.

He thinks that first, he could use a quart jar, instead of a half gallon milk jug in fear of chemicals eating the plastic. Is this being too cautious?
Yeah, jar is fine. Noman says to use a jar anyway.

Dankone said:
He puts the 50-80 grams of MHRB into the quart jar. In another quart jar, he slowly mixes about 50-80 grams of lye (too much?) into 750-1170 mL of dH20 (not sure how much). He then adds the two and shakes the jar to mix the chemicals. Then he lets this sit for 1-2 hours. does he need to shake it at all during this time, or can he just leave it to sit?
50-80? You should decide how much you're doing to do. Not quite sure why you're using ranges for values. I recommend 50.
I'm wondering if swiy is following Noman's tek or a different one, since the answer to those questions exist in the tek. :p
Noman's tek said:
Mix 15ml water and 1g lye per gram of bark in the mixing jar. For example: 50g bark would require 750ml water and 50g lye
You don't need to put the mhrb into a jar; just put it straight into the basic water after measuring 50g.
Shaking it is not necessary but shaking/stirring and heat are the basics of speeding up a chemical reaction. So you can if you want to, but the truth is, you don't even need to let it sit for an hour before you add naphtha, you can pretty much add the naphtha straight after it's absorbed evenly, and then go through the hour with occasional agitation (refer to overview I wrote in a previous reply).

Dankone said:
Next, he is to add about 25-40 grams of heated Naphtha(i heard he should use .4 grams of naptha to 1 gram of mhrb, is that right?). Also should he heat the naphtha to about 200 degrees? What about lye/water solution, should i heat that as well?
Grams? Measure liquid in ml friend :p
Again, refer to Noman's tek:
Noman's tek said:
Now add 1ml naptha per gram of bark
25-40 grams of Naphtha would be far too much.
About the heat, it doesn't need to by anywhere near that hot, you can just put the naphtha in a jar, then put this jar in a hot water bath until it's hot.
Yes you can also heat the basic solution, however you'll also increase the amount of bark oils/fats that you pull, which while not harmful, will discolor the dmt and is obviously not psychoactive, so you don't really want it.
My friend finds the basic solution is already warm enough after the lye has been added.

Dankone said:
After adding the naphtha, he then rolls the quart jar back and forth slowly and then lets the mixture separate. He is to agitate the mixture 3 times, each time letting the two solutions seperate, and then he pulls the top layer naptha off with a turkey baster after the last agitation. He places the siphoned naptha into a square pyrex pie dish.
Yeah that's right.

Dankone said:
after that, he goes back to the quart jar with the MHRB mix and adds another 25-40 grams more of Naphtha , and perhaps even more water. He repeats the process a few times of agitating the mixes and then pulling out the naptha. He does this maybe two more times adding the extractions to the same pie dish as before..
That's correct, but 50ml naphtha. Don't need to add more water. Also, you'll get a better yield if you use different pyrex dishes for each pull, and they'll also evaporate faster.
Dankone said:
He takes the pie dish and lets this evaporate by a window for a few hours, maybe with a fan blowing near by. After most of the naphtha has evaporated, he places his solution in the pie dish into the freezer with saran wrap to cover it. He is done with that for now
He goes back again to the quart jar of MHRB one more time, but this time lets the naphtha sit with the MHRB for about a day, stirring every now and then for good measure to get any stray DMT.
You only want to evaporate 1/3 of the naphtha really, the naphtha should appear quite white when you need to put it into the freezer.
I'd recommend swirling/shaking rather than stirring, as the basic solution can pull some unwanted material from the metal spoon.

Dankone said:
After about a day in the freezer, he takes his jar of naphtha/crytals and pours it over a coffee filter, saving the naphtha in a jar and harvesting the crystals in the coffee filter. If the crystals look yellow/orange, he is to wash the spice with a water/sodium carbonate solution in the filter. If they look clean, he takes the crystals to dry near a window for 7-8 hours.
Filtering isn't a good idea, you almost always lose some product to the filter.
Instead of filtering it, simply pour the naphtha into another jar, leaving the crystals behind in the first jar.

Dankone said:
He then takes both of his saved naptha mixes, (the one saved from the day before, and the one saved coming from the freezer), combines them and lets them evaporate, repeating the process of harvesting the crystals through freeze precip. He is now done with his Noman tek.
Yeah, you can also evap the left over naphtha after freeze precipitating it, to salvage the last of the dmt.

Hope that helps 😉

wow, awesome reply again man.

one quik question, so you would recommend SWIM evaporates his naphtha in a pie dish first for about 8 hours before stickin it in the freezer?

Dankone said:

one quik question, so you would recommend SWIM evaporates his naphtha in a pie dish first for about 8 hours before stickin it in the freezer?
I know that you kind of already answered that question..,. im just making sure since SWIM has a tendency to misunderstand something and fuck everything up :p

Dankone said:

Not that long, 8 hours is usually enough for it to almost completely evaporate.
People generally evaporate at least a 1/3 of the original naphtha quantity, usually 2/3. This is a better marker to go by, but that would probably take about 4 hours or so.

Back
Top Bottom