• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

music that gets you through life..

Migrated topic.
[YOUTUBE]
Frustrated I can't embed this song since every version on youtube is copyrighted - it's very much worth listening to though. It's a series of reflections on many of the questions we ask ourselves about the meaning of life :)

[YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

"I fear nothin' on this odyssey of dark roads
God lives in my dog's soul, the devil in his dog bowl
We are the prophets, Jesus was a poor sport
He booted Nostradamus, turned water into wine
But he loved the gin and tonic, had skeletons in his closet
Even God will one day be forgotten
And recently I been feelin', I been feelin' like
It'd be really nice to get to sit with Mickey Weiss
Shoot the shit 'bout life, he'd be pissed I'm sniffin' white
Never got to see me grow up, how long it take to live a life?"

RIP to one of the greats

Anyone interested in instrumental guitar should check out Polyphia and Ichika Nito. I am a die hard old school guitar enthusiast I mostly listen to GD/JGB shows and the Hendrix records. This stuff is new, instrumental, "math rock" type guitar music. I love it.

[YOUTUBE]

I posted this and then deleted it a few times cuz the video wont show due to copyright, but I love this song. I recommend good headphones, and FKA twigs has some amazing trippy videos too

[YOUTUBE]

Hard for me not to smile listening to this. :) :love:

I love little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks
Slow movin' trains, and rain
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams
Sunday school in May, and hay
And I love you too

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends
Birds of the world, and squirrels
I love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy pups
Bourbon in a glass, and grass (I think this line is changed in this version)
And I love you too

I love honest open smiles, kisses from a child
Tomatoes on the vine, and onions
I love winners when they cry, losers when they try
Music when it's good, and life
And I love you too

Seeingisbelieving, I love John Frusciante.

This is one of my favorite. Give it time, it is ambient noise until 1:40 when the guitar begins

I particularly enjoyed the one you posted, Falling. I freaking LOVE backwards guitar, ala Castles Made of Sand.

I love soulful melodic instrumental guitar. Thank you for posting this.

Lol you're welcome tony, we have similar musical taste. I play the guitar too though not as well as you. I like to fuck around with effect pedals while my kids play easy beats on the drum set.

Dont know if you like or have heard CHON but IMO your chops aren't up to par if you can't play through this.
[YOUTUBE]

Here is Josh Martin from little tybee ( Josh does lessons on line check him out )
[YOUTUBE]

Might not be your style but Tosin is a modern master and shows a lot can be learned.
[YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]
I'm sure you are aware of the NAMM trade shows. It's my dream to make it out to one, one of these days.

Lately I've been listening to Hippie Sabotage, Odesza, Glass Animals, Flume and other similar artists. I am a Hip Hop artists, have 10 albums and don't personally care for most Hip Hop now days. I like Yelawolf, Hopsin and Rittz but I have an idea the former took some elements of my music and used them in his own to become successful. I used to be angry about it but I honestly just appreciate that I helped change the Hip Hop culture in a more inclusive and accepting way.

Back
Top Bottom