I found this interesting article, from which I learned that mushrooms contain β-carbolines from the harmalas family. Study is here.
Peace
Peace
From what I understand (as non native English speaker), it's the syntagme "the entourage effect mechanisms" that relates to "on the brain". Title doesn't mention the notion of "growing". Or maybe you missed the hyphen between "psilocybin" and "producing", which seems important for the understanding of the title. You're probably right, the title could be misleading, however for a poor English speaker like me it wasn't ambiguousI read the summary but it doesn't sound like mushrooms are actually growing on the brain. They could have paid better attention to the language of the title.

That would make for a fun symbiosis were it to be the case!I read the summary but it doesn't sound like mushrooms are actually growing on the brain. They could have paid better attention to the language of the title.
I dunno, biochemists have done a pretty good job of unpicking the meat and bones of a lot of it - but this still appears only to be the tip of the iceberg when we're talking about the conscious human experience.Who can possibly know what is in or outside of human biochemistry.