• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Potentially deadly! Nightshades

WARNING: POTENTIALLY DEADLY!
Migrated topic.
Another data point...

First of all I have never been a fan of microdosing, i.e. taking a plant in a very small dose and going on with daily life, without marking sacred time/space. But datura stramonium somehow feels resonant to be used in this way. Still, ingesting on an empty stomach is a requisite. Without adequate time after the last meal, it becomes very inefficient and practically wasted. Especially eating meat on the same day nulls the experience.

Last edited:
Stramonium seed season is beginning over here. As is usual for all plants, the fresh seeds are worlds apart from stored seeds. Such sublime healing... 🙏

I hope to commence my Mandragora explorations this Fall-Spring. I am pretty sure the seeds are active even though there is no info on it. Hopefully I will confirm and report. Seeds are often the actual part to be used, rather than the root, in my experience with plants. Not just for the sake of sustainability. Rue root has alkaloids but is pretty inert in experience. I tried Mandragora flowers once and it was much preferable to root, imv.

Last edited:
I found a nice thornapple along an ancient alleyway recently, after it practically commanded me to go along there and have a look. Seems like it may have been a monastic garden escape, perhaps. Needless to say, a few seeds somehow ended up in my pocket.
20240923_151445.jpg20240923_151509.jpg20240923_151452.jpg
Possibly noteworthy is that the plant(s) were situated in a much larger clump of black nightshade, Solanum nigrum.

Thanks for the beautiful photos! I see the Solanum, and I also see mallows, which I didn't know can grow in this season.

Solanum nigrum is very common around here. There are sources indicating it's psychoactivity. All I know is that the ripe fruit has been non toxic and tasty for me.

Last edited:
The leaves on the left are a young maple or sycamore (Acer sp.), with a sow thistle (Sonchus sp.) poking out of the middle. I've drunk raw Solanum nigrum plant juice after misidentifying before its flowering time. There were no noticeable psychoactive effects for me, instead it really helped clear up a nasty skin problem for a while. However, my girlfriend felt really dizzy and had to lie down for the remainder of the day - a stark illustration of the different ways that a plant can affect different people.

I've subsequently used a homeopathic preparation of a close relative of this plant (dulcamara) to clear up a chronic skin condition in the long term.

Do you have any more specific information about the effects of solanum spp.? There's a large psychological element to some chronic skin conditions, as recently discussed in another thread.

@Transform, In your first pic on the bottom right corner is solanum, and on its left is mallow.

I only vaguely remember a reference on Solanum suggesting that it gives "sexual dreams." Apparently it was used traditionally for magical purposes. Unripe fruit has 1.6% alkaloids whereas ripe fruit has none according to a source. So ripe fruit is food, and unripe fruit is possibly medicine. Your skin anecdotes are very interesting! BTW mallow would likely be an effective skin soother when used topically.

Back
Top Bottom