• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

No lemon juice for rue tea. What about....

Migrated topic.

DmtProphecy

Rising Star
I don't have lemon juice for syrian rue tea. If it's necessary I'll get some. I happen to have some kiwis on hand though. If I ate one of those with the tea and chewed it up real good, would that work equally well? I have some 'Emergen C' which has ascorbic acid. How many kiwis would it take if you had to guess?

Also a lemon juice question... does concentrate work?

Lemon juice makes it taste much worse, last few times i made rue tea without it, it worked as well and the taste was much more acceptable, so i'm never putting lemon in it again :) you can add ginger, honey and herbs at the end.

Sakkadelic said:
Lemon juice makes it taste much worse, last few times i made rue tea without it, it worked as well and the taste was much more acceptable, so i'm never putting lemon in it again :) you can add ginger, honey and herbs at the end.

I agree with Sakk about the lemon.

Rue tea with lemon hikes up the disgusting factor multifold ime :lol:

Even drinking rue tea as-is warm was pretty off-putting for me, when it's warm especially if somewhat concentrated, it always reminded me of the sour taste that sometimes accompanies puke lol

Now after I'd make it I just chill it before drinking, it nearly cuts out that taste/flavor ime

Ok I'm sure it will be fine then. I didn't get to use it last night though and then it for spilled out in the fridge so I'll have to make more. :/

Back
Top Bottom