• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil)

Migrated topic.
Put your limonene (or any solvent ) and acidic water together into one suitable container, mix very well (you should really focus on good mixing), wait till solvent and water separate into two layers and separate them.
Use non polar again for another cycle of extraction.
Evaporate water to obtain crude alkaloid in form of mescaline salt.

Using 900ml or 3x300ml is just matter of convenience or your personal choice, chemistry is still the same.
Thanks bro @doubledog
Indeed, keep those acid washes as those are where the target for the whole extraction will, in this case, be ending up!
Thanks @Transform

Put your limonene (or any solvent ) and acidic water together into one suitable container, mix very well (you should really focus on good mixing), wait till solvent and water separate into two layers and separate them.
Use non polar again for another cycle of extraction.
Evaporate water to obtain crude alkaloid in form of mescaline salt.

Using 900ml or 3x300ml is just matter of convenience or your personal choice, chemistry is still the same.

Indeed, keep those acid washes as those are where the target for the whole extraction will, in this case, be ending up!

Hello brothers, I have a question about purification. The author of the article said "69 ron" cold MEK. But when I read the comments here, it says it should be "dry" cold MEK. Does it have to be dry? Because the author did not specify this. And is there another alternative that can be used instead of MEK?

It should be as 'dry' as possible since mescaline salts are usually VERY water soluble. Most here would suggest placing baked epson salt in the MEK before using. You can also use 99-100% acetone and 99+% isopropanol alcohol.
Or do a mini extraction repeating the same steps.

Last edited:
It should be as 'dry' as possible since mescaline salts are usually VERY water soluble. Most here would suggest placing baked epson salt in the MEK before using. You can also use 99-100% acetone and 99+% isopropanol alcohol.
Or do a mini extraction repeating the same steps.
then why aren't acetone and ipa written. isn't it easier to make mek with these instead of dealing with dehydrating it?

then why aren't acetone and ipa written. isn't it easier to make mek with these instead of dealing with dehydrating it?
Well it depends on the salt you choose. Sorry I didn't include all the information. With hcl, citrate, and a few other salts isopropanol works great. With hcl acetone works as well... Now with vinegar as your salting the acetone will 'eat' your acetate. And I think it'll just dissolve in your ipa.

If I am not mistaken MEK can be used to clean acetate... you should follow your tek. If in doubt just don't toss any material and ask for help with more details.

Hey brothers. How to prepare dry mek. Can anyone describe this with simple measurements? I am not a chemist. I made the 69 ron recipe and was successful, I tried it and this amber product worked. It worked. I got the effects. I will do it again. Now I want to purify it using mek. How to prepare dry mek with simple measurements?

Put magnesium sulfate in the oven for 2 hours at 250C then pure that into MEK or whatever solvent you want to dry for a few hours then filter/decant. There are other drying agents but this is the most popular method.

Put magnesium sulfate in the oven for 2 hours at 250C then pure that into MEK or whatever solvent you want to dry for a few hours then filter/decant. There are other drying agents but this is the most popular method.
Yes, but be sure to line your baking tray with foil, or maybe use a high-temperature silicone container - the Epsom salt melts into a solid block which is particularly difficult to remove safely from a glass or ceramic dish otherwise. When you have the lumps ready you will probably have to break them up with a hammer before grinding them up with a mortar and pestle.

I made the 69 ron recipe and was successful, I tried it and this amber product worked. It worked. I got the effects. I will do it again. Now I want to purify it using mek. How to prepare dry mek with simple measurements?
If you want to use the lime-limonene tek again, I recommend salting with dilute HCl instead of vinegar. The end product is easier to work with, and you can wash it with dry acetone and dry IPA, rather than MEK. IIRC, washing with MEK was inconsistent.

If you want to use the lime-limonene tek again, I recommend salting with dilute HCl instead of vinegar. The end product is easier to work with, and you can wash it with dry acetone and dry IPA, rather than MEK. IIRC, washing with MEK was inconsistent.
but you mentioned dry acetone and dry ipa. as a result i will have to run them through dry magnesium. why would it be easier? we do the same process with MEK

Yes, but be sure to line your baking tray with foil, or maybe use a high-temperature silicone container - the Epsom salt melts into a solid block which is particularly difficult to remove safely from a glass or ceramic dish otherwise. When you have the lumps ready you will probably have to break them up with a hammer before grinding them up with a mortar and pestle.

First of all, thank you for your interest in me.
How many grams of magnesium should I put in how many ml of mek? When I filter it, will I throw away the magnesium? Then will the remaining be liquid mek? But in fact it will be dry mek, is this correct?

First of all, thank you for your interest in me.
How many grams of magnesium should I put in how many ml of mek? When I filter it, will I throw away the magnesium? Then will the remaining be liquid mek? But in fact it will be dry mek, is this correct?
You must state "magnesium sulfate" - magnesium by itself is a different substance. This type of omission could lead to mortal danger. That said, you can actually dry IPA - and very well, for that matter - using magnesium metal turnings but that's kind of beside the point.

The exact amount of magnesium sulfate needed is not overly important; drying is complete once clumping stops and powder remains that will swirl around freely. Keep this powder to a minimum.

Some further, potentially useful points are that MgSO₄ can absorb just a little more than its own weight in water. Factor this against the solubility of water in MEK, and the volume of MEK you'll be treating, and you'll have your answer.

Once you've filtered the MEK, it will remain 'dry' for but a short time unless protected from contact with atmospheric moisture. The spent MgSO₄ could, in principle, be re-used after allowing the solvent residue to evaporate followed by repeating the oven-drying process.

You must state "magnesium sulfate" - magnesium by itself is a different substance. This type of omission could lead to mortal danger. That said, you can actually dry IPA - and very well, for that matter - using magnesium metal turnings but that's kind of beside the point.

The exact amount of magnesium sulfate needed is not overly important; drying is complete once clumping stops and powder remains that will swirl around freely. Keep this powder to a minimum.

Diğer bazı potansiyel olarak yararlı noktalar ise MgSO₄'in sudaki kendi ağırlığından biraz daha fazlasını emebilmesidir. Bunu çarpanlara ayırın solubility of water in MEK, and the volume of MEK you'll be treating, and you'll have your answer.

Once you've filtered the MEK, it will remain 'dry' for but a short time unless protected from contact with atmospheric moisture. The spent MgSO₄ could, in principle, be re-used after allowing the solvent residue to evaporate followed by repeating the oven-drying process.
Actually, if you look, I'm sure what is being said is very simple. But I really have a hard time understanding the written language. This is not your fault at all. Because I don't know English and I'm unfamiliar with chemistry. I wish I had a measurement. And yes, I know you said it was epsom salt, or magnesium sulfate. Sorry for the abbreviation.

I think it will be like this; dried magnesium sulphate will break down and circulate freely. But to understand that the mek is completely dehydrated; after a while, the magnesium sulphate I added will not be able to break down and circulate because there will be no water left in the mek. Then I will understand that the water has completely left the mek. Did I understand correctly?

Sounds to me like you have it slightly inverted:
Yes dry magnesium sulphate will circulate freely, but when you add it to solvent containing water then it takes up the water and clumps together.
When you add more dry magnesium sulphate and it does not clump, then all the water has been taken up. So add a bit at a time to minimise the excess magnesium sulphate.

Sounds to me like you have it slightly inverted:
Yes dry magnesium sulphate will circulate freely, but when you add it to solvent containing water then it takes up the water and clumps together.
When you add more dry magnesium sulphate and it does not clump, then all the water has been taken up. So add a bit at a time to minimise the excess magnesium sulphate.
It's the same as what I wrote?

Nope, you wrote:
" after a while, sulphate I added will *not* be able to break down and circulate because there will be no water left in the mek."

Which to me means that you say it will clump only when there is no water, which is opposite to what @Transform said.

but you mentioned dry acetone and dry ipa. as a result i will have to run them through dry magnesium. why would it be easier? we do the same process with
IMO, scraping mescaline hcl off a glass plate is cleaner and easier than scraping mescaline acetate goo. You may find you won't bother washing the mescaline hcl - or just wash with dry acetone and skip the IPA wash.

Back
Top Bottom