• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Psychedelics and being nonbinary

zod_mol

Established member
Joined
Aug 8, 2026
Messages
62
Merits
1,162
Hello everyone,

I have nonbinary tendencies. I am working towards fully becoming nonbinary through presentation and mental self enforcement. That is all set dressing, as I know that I'm nonbinary.
My question to the forum is: how has taking psychedelics affected your relationship with being nonbinary?
 
I am working towards fully becoming nonbinary through presentation and mental self enforcement.
Just a note for those curious, many lgbtqi people have to work diligently to undo and reprogram societal expectations and pressures.

Relative to the OP, while in corporeal form, I am a straight cis-gendered male, but a steep enough dose of psychedelics can feasibly make that shift, such that I feel i am another gender, having an experience as another gender, or gender being removed completely.

One love
 
I appreciate the diversity among all us humans. It's not always easy for people to understand but I think it's good to try, if we don't 'try' we don't improve.

Find happiness and love in whatever you do and however you feel, definitely follow your heart.
 
Broadly speaking, I think psychedelics make us more of what we are, on multiple levels. Subsequently, I presume that psychedelic use would probably serve to deepen your nonbinary gender identity and experience. Personally, I’d say that psychedelics have helped me to connect with both my masculine and feminine sides, along with the dimension of self that transcends gender.

Namely, ego-dissolving doses of psilocybin, ayahuasca, and LSDMT, have all connected me to an experience that seemed beyond gender, however I always returned to a cis-gender identity. In that sense, I’d say that psychedelics have been healing for me in terms of giving me the knowledge that I am what I am, in terms of gender identity, but also more, on a spiritual level. Additionally, psychedelics have opened my mind to the diverse ways people identify, as a function of the ego-dissolving, shape-shifting nature of tripping ballz.

I think this article by Bett Williams, author of The Wild Kindness, is relevant to this thread, thought I’m sure it wouldn’t sit well with a certain contingent of psychedelic users these days (bro do you even embody the spirit of marauding crusaders):

 
Thank you all for the replies. No offense taken to anything lol.

You are what you are no matter how you present yourself. Find solace in that first and foremost and then just be whoever you want to be.
Not enabling my identity? wow, how bigoted 😆.
Kidding. Agree with you. If I had insane amounts of angst about this, I'd just go outside and do hard exercise


Relative to the OP, while in corporeal form, I am a straight cis-gendered male, but a steep enough dose of psychedelics can feasibly make that shift, such that I feel i am another gender, having an experience as another gender, or gender being removed completely.
See, this is what I want with psychedelics and being nonbinary. I don't wanna cry to the psychedelics about affirming my identity. I want mystical experiences that may coincide with what I'm feeling

Glad you had these experiences ❤️. they can be fun


We're all souls here
true, and I love that you gave me something to listen to later. bless

@ommani thank you for the affirmations and reading material 🙏
 
Back
Top Bottom