Broadly speaking, I think psychedelics make us more of what we are, on multiple levels. Subsequently, I presume that psychedelic use would probably serve to deepen your nonbinary gender identity and experience. Personally, I’d say that psychedelics have helped me to connect with both my masculine and feminine sides, along with the dimension of self that transcends gender.
Namely, ego-dissolving doses of psilocybin, ayahuasca, and LSDMT, have all connected me to an experience that seemed beyond gender, however I always returned to a cis-gender identity. In that sense, I’d say that psychedelics have been healing for me in terms of giving me the knowledge that I am what I am, in terms of gender identity, but also more, on a spiritual level. Additionally, psychedelics have opened my mind to the diverse ways people identify, as a function of the ego-dissolving, shape-shifting nature of tripping ballz.
I think this article by Bett Williams, author of The Wild Kindness, is relevant to this thread, thought I’m sure it wouldn’t sit well with a certain contingent of psychedelic users these days (bro do you even embody the spirit of marauding crusaders):
I attended the Cultural and Political Perspectives on Psychedelic Science Conference wearing a dirty cowboy hat, in keeping with my self-conscious awareness that I was an impostor, being that I […]
chacruna.net