• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Reducing nausea from serotonergenic psychedelics - Essential lemon oil!

Migrated topic.
Okay - so i had the 5 drops with a dose of bridgesii and i didnt get any nausea. I havent thrown up on mescaline before but i did notice less of a body load nausea bloated kinda feeling when compared without the lemon oil.a friend of mine did throw up after having 5 drops at the same time as drinking the shot of mescaline tea though.

I did 5 drops onto doses of 2.5g of dried cubensis, and everyone loved it nobody threw up or complained of any body loads (about 10 people)

So, i think it needs more experimentation
 
Thanks for sharing the results!!

I just bought some organic lemon essential oil and will be testing tomorrow (though im not sure yet what will be ingested, mushrooms, mescaline, or what... ). If its mushrooms, I'll be able to accurately say if it makes a difference or not (because this year I have ingested shrooms quite a few times, both by themselves, or eating ginger before, so I'll have a good base for comparison), but if its mescaline, I cant accurately say (except "I had nausea" or not) because its been quite a while and I dont remember nausea from it...
 
endlessness said:
Thanks for sharing the results!!

I just bought some organic lemon essential oil and will be testing tomorrow (though im not sure yet what will be ingested, mushrooms, mescaline, or what... ). If its mushrooms, I'll be able to accurately say if it makes a difference or not (because this year I have ingested shrooms quite a few times, both by themselves, or eating ginger before, so I'll have a good base for comparison), but if its mescaline, I cant accurately say (except "I had nausea" or not) because its been quite a while and I dont remember nausea from it...


hey endlessness, any feedback? i will be diving in tonight (cubensis B+) and have essential oil of lemon ready.
 
I tried it with mescaline and with pharma, it did seem to diminish the nausea but I never get too much nausea with those so the real test will be when I take mushrooms, because those consistently give me some nausea. Maybe next week.

But go for it! I would take maybe like 4 drops half an hour before, and 4 drops just before or just after consuming the substance.
 
5g home grown mushrooms (tapalpa) with 7 drops of lemon oil made for some very light nausea on the come-up (right around 45-60min) and zero nausea for the duration of the trip.
 
7 drops essential lemon oil on 5g powdered shrooms mixed with 1 cup concord grape juice. Tasted fine going down, zero nausea and less confusion during liftoff. This stuff works. Did it about an hour after decent sized meal.

Had a headache next day and put a few drops in cotton and inhaled through the cotton into my nose. Didnt totally get rid of the headache but it took the edge off and refreshed my overall mood for a period of time, probably a couple of hrs before it wore off and I did another treatment.
 
I have 5 oz of lemon oil and some Peruvian Torch. I'm going to give it a shot in the coming weeks and report back. My body responds very negatively to mescaline but I only get slight nausea on shrooms.
 
sheepie said:
I have 5 oz of lemon oil and some Peruvian Torch. I'm going to give it a shot in the coming weeks and report back. My body responds very negatively to mescaline but I only get slight nausea on shrooms.


not sure if regular lemon oil works with the same dose. pretty sure essential oil is more pure so youneed less(?)
 
6 drops in water 15 min prior and 4 more as chaser nearly eliminated the usual strong nausea with pharma. Only very mild nausea when moving around too much. Took 2 drops booster. Big difference!
 
Hello everyone - first post - great site.

A question - has anyone tried lemon zest tea for anti-nausea properties?

Googling seems to indicate 0.4% yield of oil vs whole fruit weight, and average weight of 60 g for a lemon, so 2.4 g of oil per lemon. More googling seems to suggest 20 drops to the mL and density of 0.84 for limonene, so close to 6 drops per lemon - about the right dose.

I often add a squeeze of lemon to mush tea... might chuck in a whole lemon's zest next time and see how it goes.
 
Lemon essential oil, like most citrus oil, is going to be >95% D-limonene, minor constituents being things like pinenes, octanols, octyl aldehydes. It will have very little central effect. Don't believe the hype about limonene being active centrally, because it's a major component in many, many plants and is a very basic monoterpene.

A better remedy is fresh whole ginger root (dried/candied/preserved is a good substitute, as there are strong antinauseant compounds in ginger root.

What I don't understand when is why don't people use Ginger Essential Oil? Shouldn't it still have all the properties of ginger that's been made into tea except it's extracted essential oil? http://www.anandaapothecary.com/arom...ntial-oil.html
 
I remember finding this tip in an ancient bufo thread by 69Ron a few years ago. I used it when drinking rue tea without any nausea.

I also add a few drops to changa, not sure if it makes a difference there as I still can get nausea sometimes, although mostly when smoking it in a joint. Sure makes the changa smell better though :)
 
Back
Top Bottom