• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Some questions about salvia divinorum

Migrated topic.

Lizz

Reptilian humanoid
So i recently found out that salvia is legal to possess and grow in my state as long as you are over 21. Naturally i decided i want to get in on that. I have never tried it before and while it used to be quite prevalent in my state in head shops, sale of it has become illegal. This may be my only chance to try it. I was going to purchase it from undergroundroots, but they are sold out right now :( but that gives me some time to ask experienced salvia growers a couple questions.

First; what strain do you reccomend? On the website they have two different strains; Blosser and Wasson. What differences (if any) are ther between the two?

Second; how long is the maximum life expectancy of a well maintained salvia plant. How old was the oldest one you owned? I am gonna treat mine like its my BABY i swear.

And last but not least; how easy are they to clone? Eventually i would like to have a few of them since they dont seed and that makes me kind of sad. Since sustainability is the main aim of this website i would like to start my own colony of plants to make up for any of it i might use. I mean they are a beautiful as well as sacred addition to any garden.

Anyway any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks ;)

Dear member, please remember: No discussion is allowed about selling drugs, buying drugs, procuring drugs, prices of drugs, trading drugs and trafficking of drugs. This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not.

OneStepBeyond, it's good you're paying attention to the rules, but in this case it seems Lizz is asking where to procure and what to expect from living Salvia plants. That's allowed at the Nexus, correct me if I'm wrong.

I have been growing the Blosser clone, and I'm quite happy with it. It's also known as the "palatable" clone, supposedly being somewhat less bitter. I like the history behind this clone as well; it was given to Brett Blosser on an expedition where he inadvertently met a Mazatec healer, whereupon he planted it somewhere safe and continued to explore, returned and brought the still-living plant to the USA. (I can't find a source for this but I remember :d )

One could propagate a mother plant for years if perfectly maintained. I take cutting of my plants often enough that I just don't worry about it or keep track. I have one big plant that grew roots at least a year ago.

They are one of the easiest plants to clone, so long as they are healthy & acclimated cuttings and have a suitable environment. Mint plants can be easier, but that's beside the point.

You might want to look at When's attempts to grow out his seeds :)
Salvia Divinorum seedlings from actual seeds - Welcome discussion - Welcome to the DMT-Nexus

If you have any plants or seeds to trade, you might find someone on sharetheseeds.me to trade a cutting. Otherwise you could check out the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers.

Good luck, the more plants around the better :)

I was gonna say... I thought talk about sourcing live plants was allowed! XD

Thats an awesome story about the Blosser clone. I didnt know that. And yeah i wanna try salvia the traditional chewing method before anything so its good to know that its less bitter.

And yes that was my plan, when i get a big enough amount of plants im going to offer them for trade on share the seeds.
Thanks for the reply :)

Sagewisdom.com is a good source for more history info on Salvia. That site is maintained by Daniel Siebert, a well-versed salvia researcher. It is a misnomer that salvia never set seed. They do seed occationally, though they have a low viability rate when they do seed.

They are pretty easy to grow, like kerelsk said, and they do propagate easily. I think a single plant can survive indefinitely, given good growing conditions and room. :)

Continuum said:
Sagewisdom.com is a good source for more history info on Salvia. That site is maintained by Daniel Siebert, a well-versed salvia researcher. It is a misnomer that salvia never set seed. They do seed occationally, though they have a low viability rate when they do seed.

They are pretty easy to grow, like kerelsk said, and they do propagate easily. I think a single plant can survive indefinitely, given good growing conditions and room. :)
Thats good to know. I will check it out thank you. How big do they usually get? Ive seen other types of salvia growing wild around where i live but they never seem to get taller than two or three feet. I have room for that if they stay about that big.

I've seen pictures of them taller than a person, but you could easily keep one to a few feet with pruning, plus pruning gives you cuttings to share or trade or grow yourself. :)

Continuum said:
I've seen pictures of them taller than a person, but you could easily keep one to a few feet with pruning, plus pruning gives you cuttings to share or trade or grow yourself. :)
Wow, So a cutting from any part of the plant can grow roots. Thats wild. Thank you for you for yoir helpful responses. Now i am very excited ;p

take a cutting that is at least 3 nodes long, remove the 2 bottom lower leaves and drop her in water. In the right light & temp she should start to root within a few weeks. Once the roots are at least a few inches put the rooted cutting in potting mix or that airy type of loose soil that salvia likes.

Where you took the cutting from on your mother plant, 2 more shoots will grow.

A Salvia div plant will eventually start to get woody and slow down its growth after a few years.

Back
Top Bottom