• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

TEK The benzoic acid tek

This topic contain a TEK
For the pulls I use excess naphtha, say 100-150ml (extracting from 200+ grams of bark). The benzoate crashes out easily as it is insoluble in naphtha. I highly suggest using BA dissolved in an NPS. In your initial pulls, you can add in a good amount of BA solution, as there will be plenty of DMT in there. Your can add for example 30-40ml and stir, flakes will form, like when you make cottage cheese. In later pulls you can use smaller amounts of BA solution.
Adding BA directly worked for my first pull but following pulls caused issues. I'll used dissolved BA like you mention. Thanks

One thing to add from my experience: Warm BA saturated naphtha is excellent for clogging pipette nozzles up with crystals, ambient temperature solution, much less so :D

Oh yes that as well! But you can use the warm solution and then clean up the pippet with half an ml of plain naphtha, but yes, room temp solution is better

There is a precipitate from the BA in xylene. There likely is some BA contamination which I’ll see once I clean up. The smell of xylene is worse than hexane so I think I mixed up the solvents I don’t like. But if this is mostly DMT Benzoate I’ll try this with mescaline in the future.

Attachments

• 8EB55A50-BC4C-4832-9D49-906D6B0AAC50.jpeg
    8EB55A50-BC4C-4832-9D49-906D6B0AAC50.jpeg
    977.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 225AF0D3-3A7E-4064-9F0D-9CCEC4D6110D.jpeg
    225AF0D3-3A7E-4064-9F0D-9CCEC4D6110D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • E075F771-7F55-4DF1-A492-052CD7A93466.jpeg
    E075F771-7F55-4DF1-A492-052CD7A93466.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • 41B61611-71B3-4273-96A0-30D31C993E9E.jpeg
    41B61611-71B3-4273-96A0-30D31C993E9E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
It is mostly DMT Benzoate or other insoluble benzoates. I added BA directly rather than dissolved.
Photos is dissolved in isopropyl to remove excess BA

Attachments

• 09168C6A-2880-403E-816A-0BBBD448C37C.jpeg
    09168C6A-2880-403E-816A-0BBBD448C37C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • FB04CB99-4D85-40E0-B6CF-A30BA7B092A0.jpeg
    FB04CB99-4D85-40E0-B6CF-A30BA7B092A0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It is mostly DMT Benzoate or other insoluble benzoates. I added BA directly rather than dissolved.
Photos is dissolved in isopropyl to remove excess BA
You can do a naphtha/heptane wash to remove any excess BA, xylene would work as well, assuming that the benzoate is insoluble or barely soluble in it. You should test the solubility of benzoate in xylene if possible.

I still have some fresh xylene I'll give it a try later. I used isopropanol to remove the excess BA because the solubility of BA is very high compared to hexane.
Also I would think the isopropanol would pull any remaining hexane and would evaporate 'cleaner'

@Jan e Kharabat do you know if the benzoic acid will precipitate 5-meo-dmt the same way it does with nn-dmt? 5-Meo-DMT benzoate would be great if a salt.
Yes, 5meo DMT benzoate can be precipitated the same way as DMT. I tried it twice intranasally and once sublingually. It was ok, but HCl would probably be better considering it's smaller molecular weight. I also don't feel entirely comfortable with consuming the benzoate salts as I don't know how they are metabolized. They also don't evaporate very quickly so... I have pretty much abandoned the idea of consuming benzoate salts. But it is still very useful in extraction/purification. You can also make 5-meo-DMT fumarate using the FASA method.

Yes, 5meo DMT benzoate can be precipitated the same way as DMT. I tried it twice intranasally and once sublingually. It was ok, but HCl would probably be better considering it's smaller molecular weight. I also don't feel entirely comfortable with consuming the benzoate salts as I don't know how they are metabolized. They also don't evaporate very quickly so... I have pretty much abandoned the idea of consuming benzoate salts. But it is still very useful in extraction/purification. You can also make 5-meo-DMT fumarate using the FASA method.
Thanks. I've researched benzoate and since I don't take multivitamins and don't mix with juice I think not at risk of potentially forming benzene with vitamin C. I don't intend to smoke the salt and don't take large doses. Everyone should do their own research but I feel comfortable consuming orally with maoi.

After I am done with benzoate precipitation, how do I wash the benzoic acid out of the naphtha so that I can reuse the naphtha for other extractions? Or, should I assume that anytime I pull from some base soup that the reused naphtha will be washed as it pulls and there is no need to worry?

After I am done with benzoate precipitation, how do I wash the benzoic acid out of the naphtha so that I can reuse the naphtha for other extractions? Or, should I assume that anytime I pull from some base soup that the reused naphtha will be washed as it pulls and there is no need to worry?
When you add to the base soup it'll become cloudy as the benzoic acid is neutralized by the lye/base soup. Just use as normal no need to worry. You could keep a small amount of lye water to 'neutralize' the naphtha for storage. IDK if needed but I always do it when I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom