• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

project The new!.... Tea Kettel convection vape!

Project
Just discovered using the digital thermo with kettel vape..trying what i thought was a lower temp.... not positive the temp is 100percent accurate .
....but at what read 225F.......i took a hit and got very pure thin vapor... and it was very very effective....It certainly works...!!

amazon had some nice single burner glass top induction HotPlates .. just n idea for you ...

clever fun idea you have OP

BEZ

amazon had some nice single burner glass top induction HotPlates .. just n idea for you ...

clever fun idea you have OP

BEZ
From what ive learned ....induction stoves .....are different from ....the simpler ....glass top stoves..... that you can see heating elements glowing through the glass top and feel the heat rising..

Induction units....[are electromagnetic]...and wont throw much airborn heat when turned on ...but will heat any metal object sitting on top of heaters...meaning one might use a round flat metal plate on top of the induction unit to capture heated air with botomless kettel on top of it....

I just like the idea of the simpler glass top stoves to generate heated air through glass cover... ..to use in vaping...

NOTE.....also my electric stove has 10 heat selections...meaning lower numbers putting out much less wattage and take longer to heat up...

the higher numbers are pushing more wattage....and get hot faster..

NOTE.....I like the idea of the radiant glass top stove below...it puts out pleanty of heat through a glass roof...i want to find a.... small single burner one...... like the glass top radiant stove in photo below...

Last edited:
Also be aware that "temperature control" on an electric stove is very often just turning full power on and off for a variable amount of time over a cycle of a few seconds. So you need some sort of metal or glass plate to buffer this and turn it into an average temperature, otherwise you will be burning the good stuff during the on cycles.

Here's a good video on how it all works:

At a push, you could just use a pile of teaspoons
With a heat sink bolted onto a steel plate, this "kettle method" could be adapted for induction hobs.
With sufficiently magnetic objects - ideally culinary ware like spoons, forks or knives, but maybe also a pile of screws or nails - plus the bottomless kettle, I can envisage this easily being adapted to work on a small, portable, single induction hob. Maybe even an induction-compatible kettle (if such a thing exists) with a few air inlet holes drilled around the sides near the base would serve as a "go anywhere (with electric hobs)" version. I guess the main thing is that the bottomless kettle won't have the potential problem of the base somehow emitting fumes (e.g., oxides of chromium and/or nickel, in the case of stainless steel), whereas hobs are specifically made not to do that.
Induction units....[are electromagnetic]...and wont throw much airborn heat when turned on ...but will heat any metal object sitting on top of heaters...meaning one might use a round flat metal plate on top of the induction unit to capture heated air with botomless kettel on top of it....
I just like the idea of the simpler glass top stoves to generate heated air through glass cover... ..to use in vaping...
The point here is that I only have an induction hob that I could use for this, so I want something that will have a bit of heat capacity while the power pulses on and off, as well as something to optimise heat transfer to the air. It would actually be relatively difficult for me to find a single, open element hob so I'm interested in adapting your idea for people in a similar situation to me.

Also be aware that "temperature control" on an electric stove is very often just turning full power on and off for a variable amount of time over a cycle of a few seconds. So you need some sort of metal or glass plate to buffer this and turn it into an average temperature, otherwise you will be burning the good stuff during the on cycles.

Here's a good video on how it all works:
This post deserves ten likes for including a Technology Connections video 🤓(y)

After some crude temperature testing...... [untill i get a digital temp senser i can mount on kettel] ..... i did some temperature testing testing ..using an oven temperature reader..

Using the oven reader..i got a close idea where 160c was ...i set it on number 5 on the dial and watched the clock and counted down 2 1/2 minutes..

I took a hit.... and it vaped very nicely...!! :giggle::giggle:....in one hit through bubbler... i got a full >HEAVY! hit in just one toke!.... most of the molecule in bowl disapeared!....only the effect was a bit blunted..because i believe the air temperature was a little high...and it may have burnt it some...

So it appears all i have to do is lower the temperature a bit...and it should work beautyfull ...i hope!!

next test... im going to reduce the dose to be carefull...

What i know now is that im close!.... if i can adjust the temperature down a little... ... and it should !!..work ! right at a lower temp! :cool:...
Very cool idea 1Starway7 I'm going to try it when I get the chance and let you know how I went Thank you 🙏

Very cool idea 1Starway7 I'm going to try it when I get the chance and let you know how I went Thank you 🙏
I tested the digital thermometor i have in photos above.... for acuracy...by turning on a low setting on stove number 3...

As the stove first heated up .....i would try to take a hit at .....100f// then ....150f/ ... .... 200f/... no visible vapor..... untill it got real close to ... 300f...then at ....315f the vapor was more visible...so it seems the thermometor is fairly accurate at measuring air temperature... even though it was made for taking the temp of food...

so...acording to information ive read ...320f [163c] is suposed to be the right temp for vaping the molecule...although personally i think there are a few more temp choices available...for nicer vapor...if one can find them...

I have to say that in past ive experianced some very comfortable gentle ...but effective vapor..... from the molecule..that was barely visible to the eye.. when using the ....SB...plenty vape...!

if heated right...Clean...almost invisible vapor..... can be very nice..and effective....

It appears that molecule vapor experiance ... can change with temperature used on it....

Im beginning to wonder if........ slow heating the molecule....... may produce the best quality vapor......remembering that .the ......[SB plenty vape].. always slow heated whatever was being vaped in it..... and ...[with the molecule].... it was often ... thin vapor ...sometimes almost invisible... but it was quality and effective vapor!

this just a theory .....but.... fast vaping the molecule .... like many did using the origional ... ...EMesh conduction vape.......would cause a super fast rollercoaster ride through hyper space...and things happend so fast..... in that trip ......no one could navagate / or....remember much of the experiance...

Is it posible to slow the molecule experiance ...some? ...buy gentle slow heating of the molecule as it turns into convection vapor?

Ive noticed a slower not so intense effect of DMT ...when convection vaped at a slower pace...it felt more gentle when comming up...and was still very effective even at a lower dose...

When higher doses of the molecule hits the brain super fast...every thing happens too fast...and not everyone likes that fast rollercoaster ride...

but there is a huge door for cooler outside air to enter ......[from under tea pot]...and cause heating problems....

Last edited:
I tested the digital thermometor i have in photos above.... for acuracy...by turning on a low setting on stove number 3...

As the stove first heated up .....i would try to take a hit at .....100f// then ....150f/ ... .... 200f/... no visible vapor..... untill it got real close to ... 300f...then at ....315f the vapor was more visible...so it seems the thermometor is fairly accurate at measuring air temperature... even though it was made for taking the temp of food...

so...acording to information ive read ...320f [163c] is suposed to be the right temp for vaping the molecule...although personally i think there are a few more temp choices available...for nicer vapor...if one can find them...

I have to say that in past ive experianced some very comfortable gentle ...but effective vapor..... from the molecule..that was barely visible to the eye.. when using the ....SB...plenty vape...!

if heated right...Clean...almost invisible vapor..... can be very nice..and effective....

It appears that molecule vapor experiance ... can change with temperature used on it....

Im beginning to wonder if........ slow heating the molecule....... may produce the best quality vapor......remembering that .the ......[SB plenty vape].. always slow heated whatever was being vaped in it..... and ...[with the molecule].... it was often ... thin vapor ...sometimes almost invisible... but it was quality and effective vapor!

this just a theory .....but.... fast vaping the molecule .... like many did using the origional ... ...EMesh conduction vape.......would cause a super fast rollercoaster ride through hyper space...and things happend so fast..... in that trip ......no one could navagate / or....remember much of the experiance...

Is it posible to slow the molecule experiance ...some? ...buy gentle slow heating of the molecule as it turns into convection vapor?

Ive noticed a slower not so intense effect of DMT ...when convection vaped at a slower pace...it felt more gentle when comming up...and was still very effective even at a lower dose...

When higher doses of the molecule hits the brain super fast...every thing happens too fast...and not everyone likes that fast rollercoaster ride...

but there is a huge door for cooler outside air to enter ......[from under tea pot]...and cause heating problems....

WAIT A MINUTE!!:unsure:

What about just heating the empty metal tea pot without removing the metal bottom!! ....the heated air inside.... would stay at a more stable temperature longer ... without interference from cooler outside air!!! would NOT!... be able to pull in much cooler air from the outside ... thus maintaining whatever temperature the thermometer reads!!

The heated metal around the pot might actually help to hold in the heated air longer!

And drill a small carberator hole somewhere near top of kettel... YES!! this sounds posible!

And one could use any kind of stove to simply heat the air inside the pot........i would prefer using an electric stove...because a flame stove may? get the pot too hot?

This sounds like it may work better!!:LOL:

Last edited:
The heated metal around the pot might actually help to hold in the heated air longer!

And drill a small carberator hole somewhere near top of kettel... YES!! this sounds posible!

harumph!
Maybe even an induction-compatible kettle (if such a thing exists) with a few air inlet holes drilled around the sides near the base
Of course, using an air inlet tube that delivers air onto the hot base as it's drawn in still allows the kettle to function as a kettle as well. This could be achieved by using a kettle with a removable lid, and modifying the lid by fitting the inlet tube. Maybe just partially fill the kettle with a bunch of teaspoons for both improved heat transfer and higher heat capacity.

a flame stove may? get the pot too hot?
I thought about this too and concluded there would be too high a risk of inhaling contaminated air from the flame exhaust. In a confined space, this would include carbon monoxide. Electric hobs only!

harumph!

Of course, using an air inlet tube that delivers air onto the hot base as it's drawn in still allows the kettle to function as a kettle as well. This could be achieved by using a kettle with a removable lid, and modifying the lid by fitting the inlet tube. Maybe just partially fill the kettle with a bunch of teaspoons for both improved heat transfer and higher heat capacity.

I thought about this too and concluded there would be too high a risk of inhaling contaminated air from the flame exhaust. In a confined space, this would include carbon monoxide. Electric hobs only!
yes your right...electric is cleaner...you could fit an inlet into the lid... (y)

yes your right...electric is cleaner...you could fit an inlet into the lid... (y)
I got lucky and found another tea kettel identicle to my first one...

I also switched the the hardware and thermometer onto the new kettel...and after a couple tests .... i can monitor the temperature easily...and the hot air inside the pot stays there for a fair amount of minutes before the temp starts dropping...

no more unstable temperatures becauseof outside air entering pot!

you just heat up the empty kettel..to desired temperature...it holds the hot air for fair amount of time.. then take kettel off the heater../turn off stove ..all the while momitoring the temp..it very convienient.... it really works...:LOL:

in pictures below.. kettel on left.. has a copper bottom /and the other one on right has no bottom...

kettel on left ..the air heats up fairly fast...and holds the hot air for convection vaping!

Attachments

• DSC00814.JPG
    DSC00814.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC00815.JPG
    DSC00815.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
That is awesome - and you can even make tea with it afterwards!

yes i could... if i want to ruin it...
it didnt cost me 2 or 3 hundred bucks,,,and it works as well or better than many over priced store bought vapes! im happy how it turning out!😄

Its a shame that more people today.. arent able to create things with their own minds and hands ..they are so mindless and helpless.. that they run to the store for everything they need...
a person that can build his own should be happy..I think...:cool:

Last edited:
I mean, you just boil the water in it, and make the tea in a teapot - that shouldn't ruin it.

But yeah, great job - I'll being taking a look around for induction compatible kettles to go with my little induction hob (y)
the way mine is built..its too hard to remove the bowl...and i put a couple small holes for air flow...

Great! Im looking forward to see your work or other peoples creations!😊

,,,,[This tea pot thing is still experamental....and will take more time ....]

the convection vape i invented off of the ........origional conduction e mesh vape...works exelent!

my thread is called ......
1Starway7

True E mesh convection !. and ceramic health stone

• some photos of it below...

Attachments

• DSC00822.JPG
    DSC00822.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC00823.JPG
    DSC00823.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC00824.JPG
    DSC00824.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC00825.JPG
    DSC00825.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC00524.JPG
    DSC00524.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC00530.JPG
    DSC00530.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC00531.JPG
    DSC00531.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • DSC00533.JPG
    DSC00533.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ok...concidering the kettel is... water and air tight... i realized that to get a more perfect .... air/heat adjustment .... i must add an adjustable air intake.. instead of the wide open... botomless first tea kettel...that let in... way too much!... outside air... also the bowl needs to fit ..close to air tight as posible!... to pull the hot air through the product properly for vaporization..

this is a trial and error effort...

Attachments

• DSC00827.JPG
    DSC00827.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Ok...concidering the kettel is... water and air tight... i realized that to get a more perfect .... air/heat adjustment .... i must add an adjustable air intake.. instead of the wide open... botomless first tea kettel...that let in... way too much!... outside air... also the bowl needs to fit ..close to air tight as posible!... to pull the hot air through the product properly for vaporization..

this is a trial and error effort...
You know the kind of air inlet control on wood stoves? Try something like that. Simplest is maybe a rectangular strip that slides to one side, obscuring a slot to a greater or lesser degree. Circular, rotary version is also pretty simple and almost as easy to make.

BUT!
I still reckon that making a hole through the top of the kettle and using a dip pipe to pass the inhaled air over the heated base of the kettle would be your best option. You can still use the kettle for boiling water with that, and a whole range of inlet throttle valves would fit onto the top of the dip pipe.

You know the kind of air inlet control on wood stoves? Try something like that. Simplest is maybe a rectangular strip that slides to one side, obscuring a slot to a greater or lesser degree. Circular, rotary version is also pretty simple and almost as easy to make.

BUT!
I still reckon that making a hole through the top of the kettle and using a dip pipe to pass the inhaled air over the heated base of the kettle would be your best option. You can still use the kettle for boiling water with that, and a whole range of inlet throttle valves would fit onto the top of the dip pipe.

Very good idea Transform!...They also have pinwheel adjustable air flows for smokers .. bur they are about 4 inches in diamiter...little bit big...?

The simplest thing i can think of is in photos below.. for adjustable air flow...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom