I've heard about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch before, but it never fully set in. At least not until I watched this video. I'm sure there are better documentaries about it, but watching this just gave me the chills, I seriously almost cried.
I know there is a lot going on in the world and maybe trash in the ocean is one of the smallest problems, but it really hit home for me and I really truly hope we can fix what we are doing to this planet before mother nature decides to fix it herself by destroying us.
We are blessed to be a part of this world and everything about our modern lifestyle is toxic to the ecosystems around us, everything is connected and this type of destructive living is only leading to the poisoning of ourselves.
It's times like these when I wish all the 2012 stuff was actually true and there would be a mass awakening of consciousness on the planet and we could all slap ourselves on the head and say "damn what were we thinking?" For now all I can do is try to be the change and keep my fingers crossed, but it's hard knowing how deep we've dug ourselves.
Like I said, it's probably not the best information on it but it really put it in perspective for me.
I know there is a lot going on in the world and maybe trash in the ocean is one of the smallest problems, but it really hit home for me and I really truly hope we can fix what we are doing to this planet before mother nature decides to fix it herself by destroying us.
We are blessed to be a part of this world and everything about our modern lifestyle is toxic to the ecosystems around us, everything is connected and this type of destructive living is only leading to the poisoning of ourselves.
It's times like these when I wish all the 2012 stuff was actually true and there would be a mass awakening of consciousness on the planet and we could all slap ourselves on the head and say "damn what were we thinking?" For now all I can do is try to be the change and keep my fingers crossed, but it's hard knowing how deep we've dug ourselves.
Like I said, it's probably not the best information on it but it really put it in perspective for me.
-->