• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Welcome to the new DMT-Nexus forum! šŸ¦ā€šŸ”„

Dear DMT-Nexus folks!

Welcome to your newly upgraded forum of the DMT-Nexus!

This transition to more advanced forum software not only introduces a host of new features but also marks the beginning of an enhanced interactive experience for us all. We trust that you'll find these upgrades beneficial and enjoy them as you explore these various improvements.

As with any change, we understand that there might be a period of adjustment and getting the feeling of home again. Please feel free to ask any questions or share your thoughts about this in this topic.

Here's a brief overview of what's new and what's still in progress:
  1. Attachments: The attachments are currently still in the progress of uploading. For image files, please note that all EXIF data, except for rotation information, is removed to enhance our privacy.
  2. Forum Theme: We are dedicated to maintaining the familiar look and feel of the old DMT-Nexus forum. To this end, we're in the process of adapting the new forum's color scheme to mirror that of the old forum. While we've made significant progress, some fine-tuning is still underway.
  3. Chat: The old chat will keep functioning until we fully got the new chat working like we want it to work. you can already use the chat of this new forum though now that it is not yet a fully finished product.

Then please be aware of the following changes:
  • Private Messages (PMs): To preserve privacy, PMs from the old forum have not been transferred and will not be available on the new platform. Rest assured, your previous PMs remain accessible on the old forum.
  • Email Addresses: Also for privacy reasons, email addresses were not migrated automatically. To ensure you can recover your password in the future, please update your profile with your current email address.

We are fully committed to making this transition as smooth as possible, your input this process will be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you all embrace this new chapter of our journey!!

Kind regards,

The Traveler
I had only been there for a little while. I was really confused. But I got to say vibes wise. Nice job guys. Feels a lot better over here.

Forums looks amazing !
nice work !

Just something i noticed maybe not really a bug maybe im doing something wrong

i could edit all the posts i made and did so a few times
than i changed my profile picture to a new one
and now it seems like i cannot edit the posts i made anymore ?

maybe im just missing something but it seems like i cannot edit any of the posts i made prior to the profile picture change

Forums looks amazing !
nice work !

Just something i noticed maybe not really a bug maybe im doing something wrong

i could edit all the posts i made and did so a few times
than i changed my profile picture to a new one
and now it seems like i cannot edit the posts i made anymore ?

maybe im just missing something but it seems like i cannot edit any of the posts i made prior to the profile picture change
As a registered member you now have 15 minutes to edit or remove your post.

This was done to prevent malicious content being created/changed by certain individuals.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Great! Thank you for the work to get this up and running!
I like all that I've seen so far. One small thing have I the like button on posts. I know that this is pretty much everywhere these days and perhaps for good reasons... but I'm not totally sure that it is only for the better.

Great! Thank you for the work to get this up and running!
I like all that I've seen so far. One small thing have I the like button on posts. I know that this is pretty much everywhere these days and perhaps for good reasons... but I'm not totally sure that it is only for the better.
It's a way to give a quick reaction to someone's post, this way we can better track the value of all posts and see if we should sticky them etc.

For example, it also contains the "care" reaction to show sympathy for someone where you can quickly show your compassion, even if you cannot explain it that easy in words.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I can't log in to the new forum. The system did not recognize me. In order to post this now, I had to register under a new ID and password.
When I tried to reset my password from my previous ID, it did not recognize my email.
Can someone help me recover my previous account?

I can't log in to the new forum. The system did not recognize me. In order to post this now, I had to register under a new ID and password.
When I tried to reset my password from my previous ID, it did not recognize my email.
Can someone help me recover my previous account?
Twilight Person had a bit of trouble too, check the previous page of this thread to see that you've carried out all necessary steps. If you still can't recover your account The Traveler should be around to help you fairly soon.

. El sistema no me reconociĆ³. Para publicar esto ahora, tuve que registrarme con una nueva identificaciĆ³n y contraseƱa.
Cuando intentĆ© restablecer mi contraseƱa desde mi ID anterior, no reconociĆ³ mi correo electrĆ³nico.
ĀæAlguien puede ayudarme a recuperar mi cuenta anterior?
keep trying, i had the same problem, and after a couple of tries it was fixed !

Hey, good job doing the update (though it looks kinda React-y, which makes me almost as angry as AI "art" makes Bill Cy). I'm sure it will have a lot of benefits, for the staff at least. ;)

Anyway, a few observations...
- I can't find any place to edit the 'custom status' that is displayed under the avatars and nicks.
- Did you do away with the two-tier membership and the full membership voting process?
- Removing the long term edit function makes it a lot harder (as in impossible) to keep updated summaries in knowledge sharing threads. It's a major loss. Maybe integrating the wiki tighter with the forum can redeem this? The wiki has been in need of some love for years and years now.
- The online status sharing and activity should be off by default, for privacy reasons...

Hey, good job doing the update (though it looks kinda React-y, which makes me almost as angry as AI "art" makes Bill Cy). I'm sure it will have a lot of benefits, for the staff at least. ;)
I think also for the user it is beneficial, since it's more easy to see when your are seen as quality or not. And please remember; this is not a popularity contest!

- I can't find any place to edit the 'custom status' that is displayed under the avatars and nicks.
For now that permission has only been given to mods and seniors, I first have to find a better way to integrate this with the rest of the user-infopanel.

- Did you do away with the two-tier membership and the full membership voting process?
It's gone for now yes, I like to try if we can do without it since it was such a hassle to make it work correctly on the old forum.

- Removing the long term edit function makes it a lot harder (as in impossible) to keep updated summaries in knowledge sharing threads. It's a major loss. Maybe integrating the wiki tighter with the forum can redeem this? The wiki has been in need of some love for years and years now.
Like the custom status, for now this is only given to mods and seniors. I'll make a poll to check if we should give this permission to all. In the past we had quite a few moments where people, in a rage, removed their whole history and thereby leaving huge gaps in discussions.

- The online status sharing and activity should be off by default, for privacy reasons...
I'll have to look into this, since each person should be able to switch this off in the privacy section of their status, but somehow the forum is not respecting that setting?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Mobile might well default to omit sigs in order to save on data, even in forced desktop mode. You might need to have a bit of a play with things but I've pulled up user details by clicking on the respective avatar icons.
One more thing - the sig appears automatically (for me) when having rotated a mobile device to landscape view, and disappears again when turned back to portrait.

One more thing - the sig appears automatically (for me) when having rotated a mobile device to landscape view, and disappears again when turned back to portrait.
It's definitely a feature to auto-hide the signature on small screens like portrait mode on mobile devices. And even though I can "hack" this back for that mode, I think this is still the best option for small screens.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

You can switch this option off in your privacy settings. On the old forum this could not even be switched off.

p.s. You will still see yourself as online in your own avatar if you switch it off, though it is only visible for yourself and the mods.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom