• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Welcome to the new DMT-Nexus forum! šŸ¦ā€šŸ”„

Loving the feel of the new forum! Great work Trav and all those who help keep the cogs turning. The reactions are a really cool addition.. I often am lurking after I finish work and don't have the mental/finger strength to type much out.. so is cool to be able to show we appreciate/have read people's content. Love that you can follow members as well.. just generally I really feel like it has become easier to navigate and also to interact. DMT nexus has gone Super Saiyan :)

Twilight Person had a bit of trouble too, check the previous page of this thread to see that you've carried out all necessary steps. If you still can't recover your account The Traveler should be around to help you fairly soon.
I tried my new temporary password over a dozen times. Still nothing. My old ID name is fourcrows. Had to register under a new name, just to be able to post fir help.

Dear DMT-Nexus folks!

Welcome to your newly upgraded forum of the DMT-Nexus!

This transition to more advanced forum software not only introduces a host of new features but also marks the beginning of an enhanced interactive experience for us all. We trust that you'll find these upgrades beneficial and enjoy them as you explore these various improvements.

As with any change, we understand that there might be a period of adjustment and getting the feeling of home again. Please feel free to ask any questions or share your thoughts about this in this topic.

Here's a brief overview of what's new and what's still in progress:
  1. Attachments: The attachments are currently still in the progress of uploading. For image files, please note that all EXIF data, except for rotation information, is removed to enhance our privacy.
  2. Forum Theme: We are dedicated to maintaining the familiar look and feel of the old DMT-Nexus forum. To this end, we're in the process of adapting the new forum's color scheme to mirror that of the old forum. While we've made significant progress, some fine-tuning is still underway.
  3. Chat: The old chat will keep functioning until we fully got the new chat working like we want it to work. you can already use the chat of this new forum though now that it is not yet a fully finished product.

Then please be aware of the following changes:
  • Private Messages (PMs): To preserve privacy, PMs from the old forum have not been transferred and will not be available on the new platform. Rest assured, your previous PMs remain accessible on the old forum.
  • Email Addresses: Also for privacy reasons, email addresses were not migrated automatically. To ensure you can recover your password in the future, please update your profile with your current email address.

We are fully committed to making this transition as smooth as possible, your input this process will be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you all embrace this new chapter of our journey!!

Kind regards,

The Traveler
Thank you Trav. Looks really good and has a clean feel to it good job šŸ‘

I am going say my piece once more and then move on, in one way or another. I just want to reiterate how unfortunate it is how everyone whose name is over a certain length looks now.

"Oh, that was a good post by brokendownpalac....
e10
and one by SearchTFrequen....
cies.
there's navegandounive.....
rsos
and TheCrimsonElep...
hant"

In my humble opinion, everyone whose name is getting cut off like that looks quite bad for them and for the cleanliness of the forum overall.

Is there something that can be done? Can the width of that column be increased, or the font size of names decreased? Anything??

I've been on forums my whole life and I know this is a potential pitfall with long usernames so I was specifically sure to check that my long name would display correctly when I registered on the old forum because I've experienced a poorly formatted name before and very much care to avoid it. So to now have the formatting switched and regret my name choice years later does not fill me with joy.

If this is just the way things are going to be I'm on the fence thinking it could be worth giving up this account, making a new one, losing my identity, and having to going through the whole new member process again just to not have a permanently badly formatted name that makes me look like a dope for every post in perpetuity.

I get that I am being whiney. I didn't enjoy having to express this opinion and I don't know why it matters so much to me, but it does.

If this is just the way things are going to be I'm on the fence thinking it could be worth giving up this account, making a new one, losing my identity, and having to going through the whole new member process again just to not have a permanently badly formatted name that makes me look like a dope for every post in perpetuity.
Fixed it for your account name @RowRowRow YourBoat (now with a space so it flows well).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

It seems I cannot change the slogan under the profile picture in the forums and the text I have now remains from the old forum and is not showing fully.
Can this be adressed?
Due to the limited space, the max length is 50 characters (remember that you can also get several banners below your name over time). With some creative thinking you should be able to shorten your text while maintaining the message it contains. ;)

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Due to the limited space, the max length is 50 characters (remember that you can also get several banners below your name over time). With some creative thinking you should be able to shorten your text while maintaining the message it contains. ;)

Kind regards,

The Traveler
I understand. The issue seems to be that at my account details the window where I can write down my 'slogan' seems to be missing. Another member sent me a picture of his account details options - that's how I discovered this 'issue'.

Thank you!

I understand. The issue seems to be that at my account details the window where I can write down my 'slogan' seems to be missing. Another member sent me a picture of his account details options - that's how I discovered this 'issue'.

Thank you!
Completely understandable!

For those that are also seeking for the location to change this: https://forum.dmt-nexus.me/account/account-details

There you can fill in these kind of things:

1707838279166.png

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom