For a start, welcome to the Nexus, Statues. You've demonstrated an open-mindedness in coming here to try and understand what your daughter is interested in that I'm sure will serve you both well. Your relationship with her is clearly one based on trust in that she has told you her intentions, and again, I think that is to be applauded. You are obviously doing a lot of things right as a parent to have such a relationship with your teenager.
I know some of what I'm going to share with you has already been posted here, but this is my 2c.
We don't have a lot of rules here on the Nexus, but there is one that is uncompromising: no-one under the age of 18 is allowed.
At 17, she is just too young to do this. It is too powerful, and I don't know how she'd make sense of it.
There is a link at the top of each page for Health & Safety - I recommend you both read it thoroughly. We put that together collectively as a community after one of our members appeared to suffer a psychotic breakdown of sorts.
Be under no illusions: smoked DMT is not something to be taken lightly. It has the power to change a persons life, values and perception for good. And I say for good, rather than permanently, because most of us who have been changed by it would say the changes are positive - but it is a difficult journey, and one that can be the most terrifying experience of your life. There's a lot of darkness in there.
There was also a recent thread you should read from one member who believes strongly that this is in fact an addictive substance, though that has not been a view shared by many other people.
If she insists on exploring this, she should really consider less powerful substances first.
Why do we do it? Good question. It seems to many of us that DMT chooses us, rather than the other way around. Personally, I was stuck in a bad place in my life, and I was drawn to discover the far shores of my own identity and perception. I was prepared to roll the dice with my life, my sanity and my reality. I'm 37, a parent and a professional film maker and not 'a druggie'. For me it has been a powerful and life changing experience. It has been at times truly horrific, and after some serious exploration and truly overwhelming experiences, I no longer use DMT at all.
Anyway, I wish you both luck and hope you discover interesting things in your research.
Safe travels
I know some of what I'm going to share with you has already been posted here, but this is my 2c.
We don't have a lot of rules here on the Nexus, but there is one that is uncompromising: no-one under the age of 18 is allowed.
At 17, she is just too young to do this. It is too powerful, and I don't know how she'd make sense of it.
There is a link at the top of each page for Health & Safety - I recommend you both read it thoroughly. We put that together collectively as a community after one of our members appeared to suffer a psychotic breakdown of sorts.
Be under no illusions: smoked DMT is not something to be taken lightly. It has the power to change a persons life, values and perception for good. And I say for good, rather than permanently, because most of us who have been changed by it would say the changes are positive - but it is a difficult journey, and one that can be the most terrifying experience of your life. There's a lot of darkness in there.
There was also a recent thread you should read from one member who believes strongly that this is in fact an addictive substance, though that has not been a view shared by many other people.
If she insists on exploring this, she should really consider less powerful substances first.
Why do we do it? Good question. It seems to many of us that DMT chooses us, rather than the other way around. Personally, I was stuck in a bad place in my life, and I was drawn to discover the far shores of my own identity and perception. I was prepared to roll the dice with my life, my sanity and my reality. I'm 37, a parent and a professional film maker and not 'a druggie'. For me it has been a powerful and life changing experience. It has been at times truly horrific, and after some serious exploration and truly overwhelming experiences, I no longer use DMT at all.
Anyway, I wish you both luck and hope you discover interesting things in your research.
Safe travels

