I think they are more worried that DMT will trigger some underlying condition. You could have one depressed person with great effects whereas another would react badly. If you fail to incorporate the experience into your life it can slowly eat away you.Philodendron said:that so many here are saying that dmt and psychedelics in general are only for the healthy and stable is strange, hypocritical, and disconcerting. do a google search on depression and psilocybin, for example, and you get results about the therapeutic value of psychedelics, its benefits for people with severe mental disorders, like post traumatic stress disorder, clinical depression and anxiety disorders, drug and alcohol addiction, the chronically unhealthy and the unstable, mixed in with results of disclaimers stating that these drugs should in no way be used by anyone but the healthy and mentally sound, and nothing in between. same thing here in the forums, its ridiculous. its my hope and experience that psychedelics are for the "unhealthy", and my opinion that they are the ones that deserve them the most. to promote the idea that only happy people should have access to these drugs is disgusting.
StatuesCryBleeding said:The trip reports seem down right terrifying, I don't know why anyone would want to experience ''it was the feeling of having every atom ripped apart in intense torture that seemed to have lasted eternity''
Why do you guys do dmt?
To say that we are trying to suggest only happy and stable people can use drugs is ALSO disgusting. Don't confuse precaution with prejudice.
TheAppleCore said:Hey StatuesCryBleeding! =) Great to see an intelligent and cautious young individual starting to recognize the truly wonderful and inexplicable phenomenon that is psychedelia.
I began using DMT somewhat regularly at a relatively young age, and my positive experience with it is as follows:
When I was 16, I started extracting DMT freebase from mimosa hostilis root bark. My parents disapproved of the use of any mind-altering substance (except for alcohol and caffeine, of course, which they consumed on a daily basis), so I was forced to stay up all night, performing this alchemy in my locked bathroom. When I had obtained my final, snow-white crystalline product, I knew I was ready. I went to bed that evening and set my alarm for around sunrise -- I'd be able to experience the trip in the sunlight, but I knew I wouldn't be bothered by anybody. I placed the crystals on some inactive herbs in a glass pipe, and proceeded to smoke.
Instantly all of my fears melted, and I was filled with awe and bliss, and incredulity at my own existence. Every aspect of my life struck me like a facet of a giant gleaming diamond. I remember bursting out laughing, and thinking, "I'm alive? I sleep? I dream?!" Hair, teeth, music, school, even the passage of time itself seemed like a part of an impossibly perfect work of fantasy literature written by the gods! I remember hearing my dad talking to my mom out in the kitchen, and it was like hearing an alien creature's communications. I heard his sentences in sloooow motion, every vowel and consonant forming a note in some sort of strange and totally enchanting melody. Before I knew it, *click* -- I was back to reality, stunned and absolutely thrilled.
Bottom line:
Ever since that first trip, I can still see into that extra dimension of real-life science-fiction, and it literally inspires me every day to push my life in a more positive and productive direction. I'm currently taking jazz piano lessons, practicing three to four hours a day, and I've graduated from high school early and I'm taking college courses in physics, mathematics, and psychology. I've also just finished programming an advanced scientific calculator application (and my software company's website) currently being used by the physics department at Yale University.
I sincerely hope I've helped in some way. If you want any more information, please don't hesitate to send me a Private Message. Peace!![]()
StatuesCryBleeding said:My 17 year old daughter has been reading your site and wants to try dmt. I caught her ordering bark off the internet, and I don't know what to do or how to deal with it. She claims that she wants to try it because it is a unique experience and she want to explore and open her mind. She justifies the use of this drug by stating she does not drink alcohol, smoke pot, drink coffee or do anything else for that matter. I don't know much about this stuff. I've asked around on several answer sites but nobody seems to know anything. I know government sites are a flawed source of information. Obviously you druggies are going to point towards this stuff being safe, could you back that up with clinical studies or trials? I just want to know whats best for her and for her to be safe.

Virgin said:Pictures?
DMTripper said:Sometimes you need too suffer a lot when seeking truth. Suffering can give you valuable truths about yourself, life and reality.
Dedicated truth seekers are ready to suffer. They are brave and like to expand their boundaries.
thanks - that made me consider it from a different perspective/.
, but im leaving this post up anyway