• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Workout log general

Today:
400mg Truffle Microdose (its a Microdose day)

19mins on the Running machine, mostly at 5mph steady plod with 1min of 5.5 & 1min of 6mph, with warm up and warm-down 2mins at either end.
3x Sets - Dead Hangs for 10x slow breaths, switch to Banded Overhead thing where you go between your front and back holding tension on the band 12 reps each set.
20 Reps Flat bench about 12kg Dumbbells, drop to lighter weight and another 20 reps.
40 Reps with same lighter dumbbells Incline bench.

I don't really do heavy weights these days, my body says NO even if my mind says YES!
 
Void what exercises do you do specifically for the disk issues?..and do you ever have it flare up from working out? I have noticed a pattern now with my back and the day before I went into the ER I was hedging a lot up on a rooftop so going up and down with all this equipment. It seems to be anything twisting or load bearing that triggers it. Another time I was reaching up trying to top a hedge at like 20 feet.

I’m paranoid about lifting anything now. I want to start working my back out without doing this again. It doesn’t really happen when I’m skating so I really feel it’s the lifting while twisting and reaching out with heavy power tools on top of ladders rhat has done this. Also surfing..the pop up from prone position to my feet while falling down into the wave really stresses the back..but I don’t do it for money lol so I just stop if my back feels tired. I push through it at work for hours. Maybe I should be swimming at the pool each day now and slowly do burpees.
 
Void what exercises do you do specifically for the disk issues?
Specific movements are going to depend on the specific discs. My disc issues are in my lower back, and my exercises include Mckenzie stretches, glute stretches, and glute strengthening doing bulgarian split squats with a forward lean, banded fire hydrants, single leg RDLs, glute bridges, bird-dogs, nerve glides, and stretching and triggerpointing. I do have it flare up when I do the wrong movements. Sometimes it's hard to know what will and won't cause a flare up at the gym. Load will always generate pain over time generally if one already has spinal issues, as will twisting when not done carefully or properly warmed up.

When you're skating, are you spending any time in the air, or just cruising around? Relative to the pop up from prone when surfing, it's the explosiveness of the movement your body might be responding too. Try warming up the area where you feel the pop before getting out into the water to see if that provides some relief.

One love
 
It’s my L5 S1

In terms of skating..yes I am doing airs in bowls and smaller vert ramps and hitting coping. Nothing crazy I’m not spinning but smaller frontside and backside airs. It’s almost no impact as long as you land far enough up the wall. I’m trying to not skate street anymore. I’m done throwing myself down stuff but yeah I’m def doing more than cruising. It’s kinda the same with snowboarding.. I will jump and spin but not to flat. It’s gotta be a steep powder landing to just fall into else I feel I’m compressing every joint I have.

Thanks void I will research more about these stretches🙂
 
It’s my L5 S1

In terms of skating..yes I am doing airs in bowls and smaller vert ramps and hitting coping. Nothing crazy I’m not spinning but smaller frontside and backside airs. It’s almost no impact as long as you land far enough up the wall. I’m trying to not skate street anymore. I’m done throwing myself down stuff but yeah I’m def doing more than cruising. It’s kinda the same with snowboarding.. I will jump and spin but not to flat. It’s gotta be a steep powder landing to just fall into else I feel I’m compressing every joint I have.

Skateboarding and snowboarding are both great forms of exercise, which I’m working on getting back into. I went riding three times the year before last, after not going for many years, and had lots of fun, though I noticed my endurance wasn’t what it used to be (taking a run or two would elicit a trancey, seemingly endocannabinoid response, similar to trail running for miles). I’m planning to get a pass this year to a small(ish) nearby mountain, and want to get back into doing a bit of park riding, in addition to riding trees and such.

I also recently set up a new skateboard complete with a 9.25 early 90’s style, Santa Cruz deck, thunder trucks, and satori movement wheels, which is pretty sweet. I haven’t gone skating in over four years, and even then I was extremely rusty. However, I still have the foundational skills of being able to ollie and do basic transition moves (like an axle stall or a rock to fakie etc), so I’m looking forward to hitting one of the local parks soon.
 
Ommani I have recently discovered how great pump tracks are on a mountainboard to keep you snowboard ready. It’s a great workout and we have concrete and dirt tracks all over because biking is so popular. I bring the Mountainboard and my wife’s longboard and it’s more fun than jogging.
 
Ommani I have recently discovered how great pump tracks are on a mountainboard to keep you snowboard ready. It’s a great workout and we have concrete and dirt tracks all over because biking is so popular. I bring the Mountainboard and my wife’s longboard and it’s more fun than jogging.

Good call! The main park I want to go to has a pump track, along with a nice concrete park, and a large flat ground DIY section. I’ll probably warm up in the flat ground section, and then switch between the park and the pump track. The wheels I have on my board are normal size (54 I think), but might technically be cruiser wheels, which I expect will be nice for skating transitions and riding the pump track.

It’s wild how many skateparks there are these days. I remember growing up in the Boston area, in the 90’s, needing to take a train and the subway to the last stop in Cambridge, then skate past the project buildings to an epic, indoor skatepark called Maximus, which had wooden ramps and graffiti covered walls. I briefly knew Eli Reed, at the time, and would see him killing it there, as a kid. Local pros would skate there too, like Jahmal Williams, and others.

Speaking of which, I think the kid who drops in at the 1:50 mark in this video might be Eli…

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom