• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

A Guide to DMT Enhanced Leaf (Changa)

Migrated topic.
Fable said:
Someone offered me some changa recently which was straight mugwort and spice, I estimated the percentage at about 15 however the smoke had an uncanny dreamy property and allowed me to "see" much more vividly than I have in ages. The mugwort also seemed to keep the experience going up to 50% longer.
I was impressed that the mild smoke could be as in-depth as it was.

right now all i use is Lion Tail and Spice and also noticed that effect you are talking about. i could be wrong but i think Lion Tail is very closely related to mugwort.

i hope to order some new herbs soon. i was thinking about maybe D'arco, mullein, lion tail; all in equal proportions sound good?

im still trying to decide what to do about harmalas. i was thinking about maybe just ordering harmine+harmaline freebase from FV but should i get caapi leaf instead? i want to make sure i get plenty of MAOI propeties and it just seems like if i had 1/4 of my blend as caapi leaf (without the spice) i wouldnt get a whole lot of potentiation.

this whole thing about making a personalized smoke blend and actually putting it to good use is so exciting i cant wait to place some orders once im done paying for more important stuff

mogascreeta said:
right now all i use is Lion Tail and Spice and also noticed that effect you are talking about. i could be wrong but i think Lion Tail is very closely related to mugwort.
Nope, they are not even in the same order.

The note about mugwort left me very interested! Such a potentiation is really incredible, are you sure it is correct? It does contain thujone among other substances, and thujone acts on GABA and 5HT-3 receptors. It could be that the thujone is potentiating the DMT through it's action on serotonin receptors, and/or perhaps through inhibition of a CYP 450 enzyme. This is really interesting!

Evening Glory said:
mogascreeta said:
Nope, they are not even in the same order.

The note about mugwort left me very interested! Such a potentiation is really incredible, are you sure it is correct? It does contain thujone among other substances, and thujone acts on GABA and 5HT-3 receptors. It could be that the thujone is potentiating the DMT through it's action on serotonin receptors, and/or perhaps through inhibition of a CYP 450 enzyme. This is really interesting!

maybe i was thinking of Siberian Mugwort...

its wierd because before i started enhancing my herb, i would always smoke my xtals in a bong with a sandwich of Lion Tail. i noticed no potentiation. however, after infusing my herbs with spice i noticed a very strong potentiation, clearly much more than a placebo. im not sure why this is, i am absolutely baffled.

do you think maybe the thujone's action on GABA receptors has some sort of synergy with the spice? i was not aware that thujone inhibited the CYP enzyme. i am very intrigued now that you bring this information forth. i tried smoking xtals with wormwood once off of a plant i grew. i was a little disappointed in the effects but who knows sometimes i just cant blastoff for some reason, plus that was a long tome ago before i got a reliable bark source

mogascreeta said:
do you think maybe the thujone's action on GABA receptors has some sort of synergy with the spice? i was not aware that thujone inhibited the CYP enzyme. i am very intrigued now that you bring this information forth. i tried smoking xtals with wormwood once off of a plant i grew. i was a little disappointed in the effects but who knows sometimes i just cant blastoff for some reason, plus that was a long tome ago before i got a reliable bark source
I doubt its GABA-A activity has much to do with it, can't see how that could potentiate tryptamines. Its effect on the 5HT-3 receptor (5HT=serotonin) could, however, very well account for some potentiation of tryptamines.

Thujone is metabolized by CYP101 and CYP102 according to this paper. It may be that this action is inhibiting another of the Cytochrome 450 enzymes, thus potentiating DMT (I think DMT is metabolized by CYP2D6).

fractal enchantment said:
I add wild picked mugwort to my changa all the time..it does potentiate it..so does salvia apiana and salvia officinalis.

Which mugwort are you picking California, Western, or Common?

fractal enchantment said:
Dorge said:
it is really really sad how the aya forum is dealing with the changa topic... such fundamentalism is often found in christian churches...

To be fair changa is not ayahuasca..and I dont understand how people can compare the healing effects of real ayahuasca to that of smoking changa..there are things that ayahuasca can do that I just cannot see changa doing..

I know this because I started to drink ayahuasca for a real health problem in my degestive tract..changa isnt going to get the job done..ayahuasca is 'le purge" for a reason..

Smoking changa doesnt have the same medicinal benifits for the gut as drinking ayahusca does..its as simple as that..changa just isnt ayahuasca..its changa..

its true changa is not ayahuasca... but they are both snakes...

and to be honest the healing effects of changa and ayahausca are pretty much identical IMHO...
could changa heal some ones digestive tract? most definitely. Could it heal other health problems... yes it could and has. slightly different way of doing it though.. does there have to be a physical purge or vomiting to make this happen? no it doesnt... aya showed swim that... and changa conformed it quite elegantly. so have other medicines... does changa have the same medicinal qualities on the gut? it can... but its a very complex medicine. that can be worked with in very complex ways... and one of those ways could effectively work on the gut if need be.

"The note about mugwort left me very interested! Such a potentiation is really incredible, are you sure it is correct? It does contain thujone among other substances, and thujone acts on GABA and 5HT-3 receptors. It could be that the thujone is potentiating the DMT through it's action on serotonin receptors, and/or perhaps through inhibition of a CYP 450 enzyme. This is really interesting!"

That is REALLY interesting!

Good shout about the mugwort fellas, its a perfect herb for Changa blends.. and free or at least very very cheap. I believe it has a great synergy with the caapi as well.

which is the active, A or B?

Adding Mugwort gives me an element of control in my journeys, Its strange but I can access parts of these dimensions almost at will. Hyperspace becomes non-linear in a sense.

Do you think all this Changa discussion merits it to have its own sub-forum?

I know a lot of my friends didn't even know what it was until I brought some round. Perhaps it would make more people aware of the incredible power of the sacred salad.

Here are my lastest 2 batches of changas that are nearly ready..

The base for both of these are a mixture of passionflower leaf that I grew a few years back, wild mugwort I picked along the beach here, and a pinch of salvia officinalis I grew last year..

Then I add a caapi vine and passionflower leaf tincture to both of these leaf bases..

The first one is infused with full range jimjam spice..
The second one is infused with bufotenine from vilca using my iso tek..

I have another one in the works that will be infused with phalaris pulled spice once I get my grass tek down a little better.

Not sure if caapi leaf preparation has been previously discussed. One method is to pick a few of the old shiny leaves, and a few of the newer leaves, let dry and then rub through a kitchen sieve. This results in a fine even sized caapi leaf base that evenly absorbs the DMT and can be accurately dosed.

Changa extract - steeped in IPA

1 part caapi vine bark;
1 part ground caapi vine;
1 part ground Erythroxylum ellicpticum bark;
1 part dried peyote; and
1/2 part Iboga leaf.

Imbued within -

1 part DMT oxide (from fresh Chacruna);
1 part nn DMT (from fresh Chacruna); and
2 parts caapi leaf.

I do not recommend this mix as it has long term (couple of days) scattered side effects

Hmm, apparently there are many different herbmixes that a changuar can journey and heal from. SWIM have not tried many of them but the one he likes very much is:

15x enhanced caapi leaf infusion
A pinch of chacruna..he adds chacrunita because someone told him that chacrunita is a painter, that paints sadness into beauty.
He then adds damiana to his mix, he likes the aroma it gives the changuarinchi. He remembers hearing that the perfume of the plants attracts the spirits. And his changuar do have a very nice aroma for sure.

He have come to know that more is not allways better. He belives that it is wise for him to go to the waters with respect. So he makes a blend of 1:2-1:2,5 (JimJam-Caapi+herb mnix) Ahh and of course he allways adds salvia divinorum to his blend and he feels that this mix is very gentle yet very strong. He doesn´t want to offend any plant spirits, but salvia is trully a guide and teacher plant, even when smoked. Its a matter of intent. If the intention is to learn...one will learn.

Well, anyway, this herbs are trully amazing teacher plants..many thanks from us..

Not sure if setting changa has been discussed.

The addition of DMT oxide can result in sticky changa. To prevent this put the changa in a small container (chinese take away sause containers are ideal) and place in the freezer for about 1/2 hour. Remove, shake to loosen up, then set out to dry again for a while. Place back in the freezer and when you go to get you changa next she's completely absorbed into the leaf.

set and setting in changa work would be a good topic...

nuke you make good points there... rahlli... careful freinds have combined iboga with caapi and had very bad hyertensive crisis... iboga has ssri qualities i believe... I would not mix them...

Yes i think changa needs its own sub forum totally!

Thanks for the advice Dorge.

I do not recommend the last blend I posted as I'm having prolonged scattered after effects. The E. ellipt contains tropine which I think may be responcible for me feeling shit. I've since read that tropane alcs can take up to 5 days to leave your system and they can act as dopamine reuptake inhibitors. Looks like I'll be steering clear of the iboga and E. ellipt from now on.

yeah swim doesnt want to be a wise ass here, and totally applauds swiys adventurous spirit, but just a word to the wise for every one... in concocting new blends be really aware of the plants that your mixing together with a smokable RIMA... that is doing its action straight to your brain and has a reputation in aus for intensifying the effects of herbs 10x no matter what they are.
some plants are just no good smoked... and some plants are no good mixed with aya... which does not mean that none are! but still be careful. the brumansias or toe/angel trumpet has been added to changa by seasoned aussy changa veterans... and they say its pretty amazing... Swim would say however be cautious of the amount that your adding to the mix as well... too much migh tnot be good... then again that just might be an alarmist response... but your sending those chemicals straight to your brain... D.Mckenna pointed out about changa that the harmalas are inhibiting enzymes directly in the brain... so with those tropane scolpolomine based plants that can make your brain swell up the size of a watermellon... be careful...But swim would say do so with all of your plant material additives... its a different rout of action so you kinda need to be a master herbalist to really experiment with these blends... when going outside of the norm.
which is why its also kinda neat to post good blends that you know work well for others to try.

Check out traditional smoking blends, and ethnobotanicals that have a history of being smoked or have a history of being combined with ayahuasca... these are good places to work from. then expand your herbal knowledge... understanding of psychopharmacology as well as anatomy ect...

one interesting additive is chaga. Chaga is a polypore that has a history of being smoked as well as added to the hot stone in sweat lodges in north america as well as siberia. this fungi is said to remove all obstacles and ailments... kinda like ganesh!

Sorry if this question has been asked before,
but does smoking changa generally make you nauseous like with aya brew? I know some people occasionally throw up when smoking DMT straight as it is, but assuming SWIM hasn't felt nauseous from this- is a changa mix of caapi leaves, passion flower and mugwort likely to make SWIM feel sick? She would probably try it anyway at some stage even if it did, but it's nice to be prepared.

kaleidoscope eyes, it doesnt generaly make you nauseous like aya, but I have had a purge a few times with changa.

I cant say weather your mix will make you nauseous, the chances are still there, that said, I always journey with a small purge bucket:)

Ah i see, thanks for the responses =)
And yes a purge bucket sounds like a good idea, the time before last that SWIM smoked DMT she had a bucket next to a comfy lounge just incase, due to also having consumed alcohol that night.

Back
Top Bottom