• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Acacia photo gallery

Migrated topic.
yeah decurrens has a nice vibe... they are everywhere around here. At some point I will try get around to testing it. pruned some baileyana branches yesterday so will do an extract with them today... very keen to investigate native beta carbolines at the moment. that tree in the last photos I really vibed with and would be interested to test as well... you don't have any ideas on tis i.d do you? love the bipinnate phyllode arrangements.. they have a very soft feel to them too. it reminds me a little of what you might get if meanrsii and baileyana crossed

good to see you about acacian!

unknown sp. and acacia Simplex in Vanuatu :

Attachments

• IMG_1003.jpg
    IMG_1003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1
ohhhh these are some exciting photos! love the vein patterns on that first photo.. remind me a little of phlebophylla. really love the cup shape of the simplex phyllodes too.. would be good soup spoons ;)

we have lots to catch up on by the way... il talk to you very soon

below, my baby acuminatas

got them going by soaking seed in boiling water until swollen. then removing water until there was about half the seed's height worth left. then waited a few days until they began to sprout and placed them about half a centimetre deep in a mixture of sterilised native potting mix, perlite, gardening lime and some clay soil i collected nearby.. they are a bit under a month old

also, I was talking to an aboriginal man at a festival on the weekend out in the yarra ranges. he pointed out what I think is a variant of acacia melanyxon, though it has a distinctly more profound "tryptamine vibe" and very similar vein patterns to species like acacia phlebophylla. He said that those particular trees are highly active and have been used for journeying for a long time by the wurundjeri tribes of the area.. i posted photos of them a few pages back, but i intent to get some clearer shots showing their features in more detail. they were also very twisted like obtusifolia

A photo by wage a few pages back looks quite similar

Attachments

• acuminata.jpg
    acuminata.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1
#1 - Acacia Melanoxylon with seeds.

27wugw.jpg

#2 - Young Acacia Melanoxylon close up.

35mprpg.jpg

my baby jurema embira bonsai, surrounded by crystals.
dormancy breaking: bit scratch away from the seed gem, 5 min in warm water
container: 50x25x10 cm
substrate: rocky sand, humus, vermiculite (1:1:1) and some ground bark fiber

Attachments

• 2013-04-07+1318551827247888.jpg
    2013-04-07+1318551827247888.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
^..lovely iracema..:) ..acacias also like quartz..clear like them..

thanks for pics wage..i may have found a high content A. melanoxylon recently..more on that soon..

and acacian..fascinating story..
would love to say more/add to that, but as i've stated i the acacia info thread i'm sworn to oral tradition only when it comes to indigenous knowledge (which is deep) ..hence the mission to tour more and speak face to face with people..build trust etc..
..i'll state for the record that i am fully initiated..and with that comes huge responsibility, including protecting things, as well as sharing in the right way..
@

Acacia Baileyana

1z5un0w.jpg

Acacia Baileyana
- Close up

ajy1l1.jpg

Acacia Baileyana - Close up #2

2rm2q0i.jpg

Acacia Elata
- Bark

2eg7ak1.jpg

Acacia Elata
- Mature Bark

2cn7fqx.jpg

Acacia Longifolia

117h012.jpg

Acacia Longifolia - Phyllode close up.

24muagj.jpg

Acacia Longifolia - Possible pre-flowers

33li0df.jpg

Acacia Longifolia - Bark

2cdc2zr.jpg

Acacia Mearnsii - Phyllodes

24dn43k.jpg

Acacia Mearnsii
- Bark and Sap

9anupl.jpg

Acacia Mearnsii - Green Bark

dc7e37.jpg

Acacia Melanoxylon - Bark

vr7pdw.jpg

Acacia Melanoxylon - Bark

etwe0z.jpg

Acacia Pycnantha
- Bark with white powdering

4szbqe.jpg

Acacia Pycnantha - Phyllode

wtityw.jpg

Acacia Dealbata
fbjqrm.jpg

Acacia Oxycedrus
2rpze6o.jpg

Acacia Oxycedrus - #2
34g09l4.jpg

Acacia Pycnantha – Coloured bark
2yya5as.jpg

Acacia Pycnantha
2e3zl36.jpg

Phalaris Aquatica
vs1hmq.jpg

Acacia Flowers - Globular
287is6q.jpg

Acacia Flowers - Globular #2
28iamoi.jpg

Acacia Flowers/Pre-Flowers - Globular
2zzs45e.jpg

Acacia Pre-Flowers
24ep649.jpg

Acacia Pre-Flowers - #2
2i264d2.jpg

Went for a walk out bush today and ran into some of Acacia Melanoxyn that looked near identical to the rumoured active variety I mentioned. the vein patterns in the phyllodes give off such a deep sense of intelligence.. almost like an embodiment of the divine.. there was just something about this tree that really spoke to me and stuck out from the other acacias today... the phyllodes were very bitter - and almost had an aftertaste of sunscreen. found psilocybe subaeruginosa growing around the base of heaps of them too

Attachments

• IMG_4304.jpg
    IMG_4304.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4299.jpg
    IMG_4299.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4295.jpg
    IMG_4295.jpg
    905.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4289.jpg
    IMG_4289.jpg
    788.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4282.jpg
    IMG_4282.jpg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 1
went for a bushwalk the other day and came across some Acacia Oxycedrus and what I presume to be some relation to Acacia Mucronata subs. Longifolia

[edit] for some reason photos aren't uploading ...

unidentified tree growing in my backyard... love the vibe of it. tested it once; not sure what is in the extract but i've bioassayed a few times and its definitely "active". I plan on retesting it during summer when its been dry for longer. also, note that the phyllodes are smaller than they look.. about 8-8.5cm in length. no basal gland and stiff leathery texture.. consistent red edges on most phyllodes too

Attachments

• DSC_8406.jpg
    DSC_8406.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_8402.jpg
    DSC_8402.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC_8404.jpg
    DSC_8404.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_8391.jpg
    DSC_8391.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_8405.jpg
    DSC_8405.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Hey Wage,

I'm pretty certain that your A. oxycedrus is actually A. verticillata. I did an extraction with A. verticillata on the weekend and unfortunately it yielded nothing but a very thin layer of oil :(

yeah i'd have to agree with vitalstatistix.. oxycedrus has broader and tougher phyllodes/spikes than verticillata with 2-3 veins as opposed to verticillata's more lance shaped "needles".. also verticillata has short cream coloured flower spikes so I can see how you may confuse the two.. and verticillata is widespread around the melbourne region

below a specimen of oxycedrus found growing about an hr out of melbourne as well as a couple of my own I am growing (a longer phyllode variety and a more typical shorter phyllode variety) and finally a specimen of acacia verticillata found growing not far from dandenong:

i0ll.jpg

qbp3.jpg

ttsc.jpg

img1085u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom