• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

TEK Ethyl acetate approach [CIELO]

This topic contain a TEK
Migrated topic.
same status...

I should follow _Trip_'s advice.
take a look at CITLO. Is it possible to make it with fumaric acid instead of benzoic acid?
Benzoic acid has the advantage of being soluble in toluene, unlike fumaric acid. You'd need to dissolve the fumaric into some solvent like acetone or ipa (and both of those need to be treated with a drying agent to remove water for the crystallisation to work), or you can use an aqueous solution of your acid to recover the target compound, followed by evaporating the water off. In this latter case, it may be better to use a volatile acid like acetic (i.e. white vinegar). That way, excess acid won't end up contaminating your product.

Read through the lazy salting thread Fractalien there may be more documented combos and failures in there, otherwise you'd have to experiment yourself.

If benzoic acid is hard to find where you live one can make it with sodium benzoate, distilled water and Hydrochloric acid iirc. Sodium benzoate is usually easier to find.

I think that use of benzoic acid is not best option for beginners, as solubility of mescaline benzoate in toluene or xylene seems to be an issue. But preparation of benzoic acid from sodium benzoate is very satisfiying, I would recommend it to everyone - its crystals are very nice and it is a great exercise for any hobby extractor.

Benzoic acid can be easily made from sodium benzoate. Simply dissolve sodium benzoate in hot water and add HCl and benzoic acid will crash out immediately. You can calculate the amount of HCl needed for this reaction, but I'm too lazy to do that, so I just eyeball it, then filter out the left over water, add some more HCl to it and see if anything crashes out. The benzoic acid can further be purified by recrystallization from boiling water. Simply dissolve it in boiling water, let it rest and cool down over night, pour out the water, collect and wash the BA crystals with small amounts of cold water and dry them.
Would it be possible with 30% muriatic acid? Or 85% phosphoric acid?

Yes you can make benzoic acid with 30% muriatic acid... IDK phosphoric acid. Did you decide which solvent you are gonna use? If xylene maybe just keep it as diluted hcl acid to salt and allow it to evaporate.

@doubledog mentioned solubility may be an issue so that may not be what you want especially for the first extraction. It may take a while but I'll attempt it myself to test solubility to replace evaporating hcl water to just having a direct precipitate.

Yes you can make benzoic acid with 30% muriatic acid... IDK phosphoric acid. Did you decide which solvent you are gonna use? If xylene maybe just keep it as diluted hcl acid to salt and allow it to evaporate.

@doubledog mentioned solubility may be an issue so that may not be what you want especially for the first extraction. It may take a while but I'll attempt it myself to test solubility to replace evaporating hcl water to just having a direct precipitate.
Phosphoric acid is nonvolatile and therefore not really suitable for this reaction - its tribasicity (three hydrogens) just makes for an additional level of complication, which I won't go into here.

It may be simpler, as modern suggests, to salt from the xylene directly with the HCl as we know that that works.

I will use xylene. It will be great if I can do this directly with diluted HCl! In this case, would form 2 phases, remove the aqueous phase and evaporo for mescaline HCl?

Anyway, I would like to try to make benzoic acid from sodium benzoate. In this case to evolve my DMT extraction.

With xylene, any diluted acid in water will be suitable. Xylene and water will separate in two layers, you just evaporate the water layer. Main issue here is that your product will be contaminated and you will need (or want) to recrystallize it.
HCL salt is quite difficult to re-x, the easiest is sulphate, tartrate is also easy, citrate not so much.

With xylene, any diluted acid in water will be suitable. Xylene and water will separate in two layers, you just evaporate the water layer. Main issue here is that your product will be contaminated and you will need (or want) to recrystallize it.
HCL salt is quite difficult to re-x, the easiest is sulphate, tartrate is also easy, citrate not so much.
Hey! I think I can buy battery solution (35% sulfuric acid)!
I'll look into re-x mescaline sulfate.

Sulfate is also very rewarding because of its light reflection, it has very distinguishable and beautiful look. I consideder few times in the past to try different acid for change, but then went with sulfuric again just to see it.

Back
Top Bottom