• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Impulse Experiences: Ongoing Compilation

Migrated topic.
I'd remove the notion of ego altogether. It's a counterproductive way to put it. Rather, I'd call it personal work or work on yourself. Ego is just as loaded a concept as God.
We're all egoic, and that's how it should be. This is an important part of this incarnation. You live, learn, and adapt. Of course it's personal. We do it for ourselves first of all, because everyone wants to be happy.

I have no advice here and am just watching the process. Sometimes it's the best kind of relationship. We all want acknowledgment, and it should always start from within.

Some say we're living in an era when we need to marry back the feminine (indigenous culture) with the masculine (Western society). Whatever the case, our work remains the same. We uncover what's hidden and bring it back to light.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular."
— Carl Jung, Alchemical Studies (Collected Works, Vol. 13)
I am in deep agreement with you. It seems like an exoteric tool to placate the masses, but esoterically has very little utility, for the ego is the aspect of self that cares there is a self, and thus is necessary in an incarnate existence.

Furthermore, there are many tools we use, but forget they're tools. For example, your metaphor of marrying indigenous with the industrial. I'm not sure gender has any role here either accept as a launching pad for understanding. It seems more like an expectation projected on reality rather than seeing reality as it may be.

However, this specific stance has been held for a while, shown here: Thread 'Obsolete Use of Sex and Gender in Esoterism?' Obsolete Use of Sex and Gender in Esoterism?

Time to guide.

One love
 
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your support!

I am not sure if reducing the situation and my observations and realizations to ego is very useful here. It seems like such an attribution is very much a knee-jerk reaction to certain statements and propositions. I am not sure that the desire for strength and toughness is summed up so simply and succinctly. By virtue of existing, we want to maintain said existence, and when one is aware of things that can hinder that, we seek to counteract it, and that happens through becoming tougher and stronger in some ways as adaptive forces to secure one's existence. Can this be egoic? Yes, for as you've mentioned it's a drive found in many men, likely a byproduct and vestige of years past. However, in this instance, it's more a simple mistake for how I ought to move forward than it being deceptive for egoic reasons.

And we can talk about almost anything here. It's just about how one talks about it.

One love
Yes sorry, I didn't mean to sum it up in that way. I find the human langage very limited when it comes to precisely describing certain phenomenas.

I usually just write what's come naturally from the flow state without thinking too much as to not alter information through the mind which would make it useless as it will just be more food for the intellect which is not the goal when someone is looking to reach true liberation and/or end suffering.

The ego isn't a bad thing, it's the character which allow us to immerge fully in this illusory reality, it operates through a limited scope, most of the suffering comes from the reactions+attachments that emmanate from that limited identity. I'm sure that you are already aware of that. 😁

Define strength, toughness, power and existence, define who is the one that want to maintain all those things.
Why strengh and toughness would be required to maintain something that goes beyond the scope of the human mind which can barely grasp what real existence is.
If for you existence is limited to the human incarnation, then yes one way of maintaining the body and mind alive aka survival can be achieved through strength and toughness. In my humble opinion, it's like driving into incoming traffic, and often times when the wounded inner masculine (which is also part of the human identity btw) is healed through reconnecting deeply to the feminine aspect, which can be either portrayed as the subconscious by sceptics, mother nature, the source of all existence, the dao... there is a deep realisation that naturally raises which is that no excessice effort is really needed to exist, that as long as you exist you'll be loved, and all your needs will be fulfilled, it only requires to completely trust and let go which is hard because the human mind always seek a certain sense of safety and security outward instead or acknowleding the infinite that flow through him which is capable of achieving things that cannot be measured by the mind as long as it accept to fully surrender to it, by surrender, it also implies letting go of the sense of self and all the desires it comes with.

Just my two cents after all. I don't believe in personal work or inner work, as who you truly are is already perfect, it doesn't require a certain work to attains it, what needs to be "worked" on is the vessel, the body/mind complex to make it as empty/free as possible from believes, emotions, attachments, desires so the true self can express itself fully through it, when it happens, pursuing anything including happiness become completely meaningless.

And please don't take anything I say for granted. I'm way too deep in the rabbithole. I'm just sharing what my wife and I experienced in our "healing" journey, and most of the time, less is more. ❤
 
Just my two cents after all. I don't believe in personal work or inner work, as who you truly are is already perfect, it doesn't require a certain work to attains it, what needs to be "worked" on is the vessel, the body/mind complex to make it as empty/free as possible from believes, emotions, attachments, desires so the true self can express itself fully through it, when it happens, pursuing anything including happiness become completely meaningless.
That's exactly what I believe, just packaged in your own words. I feel we get more than we think. Haha, exactly, more than we think. Real Truth resonates somewhere deep down, no matter which pointers were used. Much love ❤️
 
Yes sorry, I didn't mean to sum it up in that way. I find the human langage very limited when it comes to precisely describing certain phenomenas.

I usually just write what's come naturally from the flow state without thinking too much as to not alter information through the mind which would make it useless as it will just be more food for the intellect which is not the goal when someone is looking to reach true liberation and/or end suffering.

The ego isn't a bad thing, it's the character which allow us to immerge fully in this illusory reality, it operates through a limited scope, most of the suffering comes from the reactions+attachments that emmanate from that limited identity. I'm sure that you are already aware of that. 😁

Define strength, toughness, power and existence, define who is the one that want to maintain all those things.
Why strengh and toughness would be required to maintain something that goes beyond the scope of the human mind which can barely grasp what real existence is.
If for you existence is limited to the human incarnation, then yes one way of maintaining the body and mind alive aka survival can be achieved through strength and toughness. In my humble opinion, it's like driving into incoming traffic, and often times when the wounded inner masculine (which is also part of the human identity btw) is healed through reconnecting deeply to the feminine aspect, which can be either portrayed as the subconscious by sceptics, mother nature, the source of all existence, the dao... there is a deep realisation that naturally raises which is that no excessice effort is really needed to exist, that as long as you exist you'll be loved, and all your needs will be fulfilled, it only requires to completely trust and let go which is hard because the human mind always seek a certain sense of safety and security outward instead or acknowleding the infinite that flow through him which is capable of achieving things that cannot be measured by the mind as long as it accept to fully surrender to it, by surrender, it also implies letting go of the sense of self and all the desires it comes with.

Just my two cents after all. I don't believe in personal work or inner work, as who you truly are is already perfect, it doesn't require a certain work to attains it, what needs to be "worked" on is the vessel, the body/mind complex to make it as empty/free as possible from believes, emotions, attachments, desires so the true self can express itself fully through it, when it happens, pursuing anything including happiness become completely meaningless.

And please don't take anything I say for granted. I'm way too deep in the rabbithole. I'm just sharing what my wife and I experienced in our "healing" journey, and most of the time, less is more. ❤

That's exactly what I believe, just packaged in your own words. I feel we get more than we think. Haha, exactly, more than we think. Real Truth resonates somewhere deep down, no matter which pointers were used. Much love ❤️
I understand what you both mean and are trying to say. However, all of it presupposes a paradigm or paradigms, that I personally don't fully subscribe to because I don't fully subscribe to any paradigm, instead hopping between them. They're all maps, but no map is perfectly isomorphic, so we mustn't mistake the map for what is mapped.

One love
 
I understand what you both mean and are trying to say. However, all of it presupposes a paradigm or paradigms, that I personally don't fully subscribe to because I don't fully subscribe to any paradigm, instead hopping between them. They're all maps, but no map is perfectly isomorphic, so we mustn't mistake the map for what is mapped.
I agree. That's why I chose the word "believe". My view is no view or my map is no map. That's what I have faith in :LOL:
 
I agree. That's why I chose the word "believe". My view is no view or my map is no map. That's what I have faith in :LOL:
I am at this weird juncture, and have been for a while. It's like this precognitive zone. I end up more concerned with the nature of belief than holding beliefs themselves. I'm concerned with predicate assumptions that underpin conception and ideals, which is a bottomless pit. I am in free fall.

One love
 
I am at this weird juncture, and have been for a while. It's like this precognitive zone. I end up more concerned with the nature of belief than holding beliefs themselves. I'm concerned with predicate assumptions that underpin conception and ideals, which is a bottomless pit. I am in free fall.

One love
"The bad news is you're falling through the air, nothing to hang on to, no parachute. The good news is, there's no ground."
— Chögyam Trungpa
 
That's exactly what I believe, just packaged in your own words. I feel we get more than we think. Haha, exactly, more than we think. Real Truth resonates somewhere deep down, no matter which pointers were used. Much love ❤️
Yeah, it didn't took me that long to realise after reading many of your answers in this forum that we try to explain the same things/concepts but with different words, two different pointers reading the same memory address, and you are aware as much as I do that it can't be put into words as we are just gravitating around something that can't be explained but only experienced. 🤪

I understand what you both mean and are trying to say. However, all of it presupposes a paradigm or paradigms, that I personally don't fully subscribe to because I don't fully subscribe to any paradigm, instead hopping between them. They're all maps, but no map is perfectly isomorphic, so we mustn't mistake the map for what is mapped.

One love
Yes :)
 
"The bad news is you're falling through the air, nothing to hang on to, no parachute. The good news is, there's no ground."
— Chögyam Trungpa
I was thinking about this thread and my post before going to sleep yesterday. They say in some Buddhist traditions that your practice is "good for nothing."
Any idea or aim would be conceptual - so while meditating leads somewhere, it isn't a path of self-improvement. Working on ourselves is a modern desire, not a spiritual direction. Practice acts on deeper levels that exist beyond the ego's box of thoughts. Yes, over time it may bring ease and happiness, but those are just side effects. True spirituality is like steering your ship out into a vast open ocean and having faith. You have no idea where it leads. It will change you for sure, but it isn't about you or the change. The Truth is forever out of reach, yet so close that our lives are impossible without it. "Safe journey ahead? Not likely."
 
Interestingly, it can be seen in the exact opposite way and the result is the same: one practices being happy (mind free from hindrances) and the rest are side effects.
That's the beauty of this recent discussion. We're all pointing to the same thing from different angles. Imo, just reading it gives a deeper understanding.
Words should not be a limiting factor, but tools of expression and creativity, similar to the medicines discussed here on the Nexus.

One day a Canadian man arrived for his first visit with Neem Karoli Baba (Maharaj-ji). He didn’t know much about Maharaj-ji but had heard about him. Maharaj-ji didn’t give lectures or formal teachings; didn’t write books; and, as far as I know, didn’t formally initiate people. He just kept shining like the sun. Flowers don’t need to read a manual on how to bloom in the sunshine.

So when Maharaj-ji asked this man why he’d come and what he wanted, he was unsure how to respond. Finally, he replied, ‘Can you teach me how to meditate?’“Maharaj-ji’s response was: ‘Meditate like Christ. Go. Sit in the back of the temple with the other Westerners.’“

The guy came to the back, and we asked him about his darshan. He told us that Maharaj-ji had said to meditate like Christ. At first, we were surprised. ‘What! Meditate like Christ! What does that mean?’ But then we thought about it. We were always trying to get Maharaj-ji to tell us what practice to do, but he’d never give us any specific instructions about yoga or meditation. Now he’d said this. If he said it, he must know how Jesus meditated. We decided to ask him about it. We were so excited — we were going to get the secret teachings at last!“

Later in the day, when Maharaj-ji came to the back of the temple to hang out with us, [one among us] broached the subject that had us all buzzing. ‘You said to meditate like Christ. How DID he meditate?’“It seemed as if Maharaj-ji was about to answer, but instead, his eyes closed and he sat there completely still, completely silent. It felt like he’d totally disappeared. In all the time I’d been with him, I’d only seen him sitting motionless like this a couple of times before. It was extraordinarily powerful as if the whole universe had become silent. Then a tear came down his cheek. We were in awe.

After a couple of minutes, his eyes half opened and, with great emotion, he quietly said, ‘He lost himself in love, that’s how he meditated. He was one with all beings. He loved everyone, even the people who crucified him. He never died. He is the Atman [soul]. He lives in the hearts of all. He lost himself in love.’

Once again, Maharaj-ji had gone right to the heart of it all. I was stunned. There was nothing I wanted more than to be able to lose myself in love, but there was nothing that seemed farther away. As Kabir once said, “It is easy to bear the heat of fire and likewise it is possible to tread the edge of the sword. But to sustain an unchanging love is a most difficult business.”

–Krishna Das
 
That anecdote is interesting. Indeed I think it's possible to see the same from many different angles. In that anecdote, it seems to me like the message was to get less caught on the Indian trappings of the practice and focus on the content. Westerners very often focus on the external trappings of practices from other culture, and instead of focusing on the practice we LARP some rituals. Form over content. Appreciating those same questions from the perspective of our culture can be helpful in bypassing that.

Same goes for Ayahuasca IMO. "Drink Ayahuasca like the apostles drank the last supper wine" would be good advice for many who hyperfixate on LARPing as an Amazonian native.
 
That anecdote is interesting. Indeed I think it's possible to see the same from many different angles. In that anecdote, it seems to me like the message was to get less caught on the Indian trappings of the practice and focus on the content. Westerners very often focus on the external trappings of practices from other culture, and instead of focusing on the practice we LARP some rituals. Form over content. Appreciating those same questions from the perspective of our culture can be helpful in bypassing that.

Same goes for Ayahuasca IMO. "Drink Ayahuasca like the apostles drank the last supper wine" would be good advice for many who hyperfixate on LARPing as an Amazonian native.
Neem Karoli Baba always steered his Western devotees toward embracing the spirit of Christianity. If you dive deeper into his circle, you can see people involved in Buddhism, Christianity, or other traditions. Yet love remains the absolute center of their practice. He pointed them in the right direction, and that pointer was so alive and vibrant that it pulls them forward through illusions like a lighthouse

🙇‍♂️
 
Honestly, that's how I see all sages. They are like lighthouses or bridges leading us toward Truth. No one can give you liberation; it's your own faith that allows you to walk.
If you have trust in any sage, he will lead the way. They were not people in the conventional sense, but embodiments of the divine. None of them truly died either, because you cannot destroy reality. That's all there is. A movie may end, but the screen remains forever. A new movie may start, and a new sage will appear to point the way. Yet, it is projected on the same screen that your own life is projected upon.

The first teaching of Sri Ramana was Silence - simply being present with him. If you want liberation, go sit under a tree (with a sage who has realized the truth). Just by doing so, you get a feel for it. Even talking about it here is pure grace; without it, there would be no interest in these matters.

Sri Ramana never went anywhere. Any time you sit with yourself in Silence, he smiles back at you from your own Heart. God does this all the time, but peace of mind makes it easier to sense. They are all within you, and what you relate to is the only measure of representation. May we all lose ourselves in Love

❤️
 
Pointing to the same thing is not the same as speaking truth about the same thing.
Indeed. I think the "thing" being pointed at here (and by most DMT experiences) is not something that any truth, or falsity, or anything at all, can be spoken about. So one can only point at it.

The one truth is itself a plurality because it's composed of many angles to look at that "it". It's as if one were looking at a ray of light that goes into a prism from one of its many facets. You are seeing the light, but it's not all the light and it will be different. From inspecting the different facets you will get a better idea of how this light looks like. I think that's why psychedelic experiences can be so varied.

It may very well be that one can't really look directly at the light without being blinded. We seem to need to look at it through facets of a prism.
 
Neem Karoli Baba always steered his Western devotees toward embracing the spirit of Christianity. If you dive deeper into his circle, you can see people involved in Buddhism, Christianity, or other traditions. Yet love remains the absolute center of their practice. He pointed them in the right direction, and that pointer was so alive and vibrant that it pulls them forward through illusions like a lighthouse

🙇‍♂️
This reminds me of an experience after some traumatic life events where I was then having a difficult time getting my sea legs again in psychedelic states. My wife sort of crafted a mantra for me which was immensely helpful in that state. Silly as it felt I added on a bit from the last airbender tv show, where the guru tells him something about accepting the reality of the past and "in order to be a positive influence, you must first forgive yourself". It slowly melted away my anxiety/self criticism that existed at levels I didn't even realize were there, and I felt oddly tapped into the early essence of some of those religions

Anyways just thought that might be worth sharing because I know I'm not the only one who struggles with being hard on themselves in these states. But I've found things like that really helpful in shifting the mode from being fear/guilt based into love/gratitude
 
Indeed. I think the "thing" being pointed at here (and by most DMT experiences) is not something that any truth, or falsity, or anything at all, can be spoken about. So one can only point at it.

The one truth is itself a plurality because it's composed of many angles to look at that "it". It's as if one were looking at a ray of light that goes into a prism from one of its many facets. You are seeing the light, but it's not all the light and it will be different. From inspecting the different facets you will get a better idea of how this light looks like. I think that's why psychedelic experiences can be so varied.

It may very well be that one can't really look directly at the light without being blinded. We seem to need to look at it through facets of a prism.
This seems predicated on the assumptions of monism. But what if the "truth" is beyond that, since it's hard to encapsulate what was generated from. This antimony comes to mind: the big bang vs the universe has always existed.

❤️

One love
 
This seems predicated on the assumptions of monism. But what if the "truth" is beyond that, since it's hard to encapsulate what was generated from. This antimony comes to mind: the big bang vs the universe has always existed.
Ah no, not at all. Monism would be one of the sides of the prism :) One that claims that the beam of light is a single beam. You may as well claim that it's many going together. The truth is probably both and neither.

Precisely because it goes beyond, absolutely anything that can be said about it is inadequate and limited, including this very sentence. So one can only point at it.
 
This present conversation reminds me of an article I want to write on my substack about the conception of truth having a biological function more than being extant outside said function, and might be another mechanism to influence and encourage and instill survival. We may not be equipped for truth as we think of it and as we think we want it.

One love
 
Back
Top Bottom