CatchThirtyThr33
DMT-Nexus member
Evening Nexus,
So yesterday my B. Caapi leaves arrived, and I excitedly smoked a couple straight bowls of it just to see how it was by itself. Pleasant smoke, kind of woody flavoured, but nice and smooth.
Today I decided to give it a go with the spice. As I'm still waiting for my mg scale to arrive to make proper Changa, I did a simple sandwich method. Over the past few weeks I've found somewhat of a sweet-spot for loading the sandwich well using oregano and have had some misfires, but also a couple mind-blowing experiences.
After pre-loading by smoking a bowl of straight Caapi, I proceeded to smoke the sandwiched spice. The effects were... moderate at best. It felt softer, less vivid, less sharp. No noticeable duration increase either. Not sure if it's my technique, but I had a layer of ash and leaf above the spice to adequately protect it from the flame. A couple days ago I had an amazing experience using just oregano, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on.
The experience seemed to lack the sharpness and electrifying feel of my previous oregano/freebase bowls. I'm a little hesitant to make changa now as I feel it will lose that sharp vividness that I've come to love in DMT. Is the Changa experience really that different? or am I just doing something wrong? :thumb_dow
Thanks!
So yesterday my B. Caapi leaves arrived, and I excitedly smoked a couple straight bowls of it just to see how it was by itself. Pleasant smoke, kind of woody flavoured, but nice and smooth.
Today I decided to give it a go with the spice. As I'm still waiting for my mg scale to arrive to make proper Changa, I did a simple sandwich method. Over the past few weeks I've found somewhat of a sweet-spot for loading the sandwich well using oregano and have had some misfires, but also a couple mind-blowing experiences.
After pre-loading by smoking a bowl of straight Caapi, I proceeded to smoke the sandwiched spice. The effects were... moderate at best. It felt softer, less vivid, less sharp. No noticeable duration increase either. Not sure if it's my technique, but I had a layer of ash and leaf above the spice to adequately protect it from the flame. A couple days ago I had an amazing experience using just oregano, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on.
The experience seemed to lack the sharpness and electrifying feel of my previous oregano/freebase bowls. I'm a little hesitant to make changa now as I feel it will lose that sharp vividness that I've come to love in DMT. Is the Changa experience really that different? or am I just doing something wrong? :thumb_dow
Thanks!