• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Sharing the experience (a warning)

Migrated topic.

Lucid.deviance

Rising Star
I have a friend that is very experienced with LSD. He and I share a love of that particular molecule and after I was introduced to DMT and successfully extracted, wanted to share this experience with my friend.

I explained that it is like nothing he has ever experienced and that this isnt a "party" chem; it is much more than that and should be treated with respect.

I invited him over and went over my research with him. Explained the stages of of what he should expect. The whole shebang.

I send him on his journey.

He comes back and all he can say is let's go again. Wants me to give some to him to take with him. Basically starts acting like a junky.

I was so disappointed because I wanted to share the experience with someone who appreciates it the way that I do, but he has zero respect for it.

Be careful who you try to bring into the fold, they may not be worthy.

My wife has yet to experience it and we are planning a session in the near future. Already I know that she respects it, even if she doesn't know what it really is yet. Perhaps it's her native American heritage that makes her naturally more respectful towards it. I am excited to share this with her.

Good point. Sometimes we are so full of good intentions ...

Wonderful if you could experience such things as a couple :thumb_up:

My wife is the definition of soulmate to me and can't wait to share it with her. Just waiting for the right time when we have an empty nest. Responsible use is most important.

She and I are usually on the same wave length (or at least a harmonious one!) and I'm sure this will play a huge role in our shared experiences.

I have never gone to hyperspace at the same time as someone else, always take turns. Are experiences shared or can they be very different experiences?

Lucid.deviance said:
My wife is the definition of soulmate to me and can't wait to share it with her. Just waiting for the right time when we have an empty nest. Responsible use is most important.

She and I are usually on the same wave length (or at least a harmonious one!) and I'm sure this will play a huge role in our shared experiences.

I have never gone to hyperspace at the same time as someone else, always take turns. Are experiences shared or can they be very different experiences?

Sounds like all will be well when you guys decide to go for it together.

Going down that road with someone you're entirely comfortable with and close to like that is definitely something special. Can definitely put new depths into your relationship (or reveal new depths). Powerful times ahead.

I'm really excited. My wife and I have shared many, many, many experiences on other substances (LSD, MDMA, k, mushrooms, among others) and have always had a synergistic experience. That being said, nothing has excited me more than the prospect of sharing this with her.

We have been planning for weeks, lol. I had her pick out a playlist and we got some new candles and a fresh pack of Nagchampa incense (our favorite!). A bundle of fresh sage so she can smudge the house. Our tentative date to take our journey is 2 weeks from Saturday. Got Grandma to watch the kids that weekend.

Needless to say we have put a lot of thought and effort into this and it is even more special to me because, unlike everything else we have done, I am the one responsible for doing the research (thanks to this wonderful community!) Ad extracted it myself.

Lucid.deviance said:
He comes back and all he can say is let's go again. Wants me to give some to him to take with him. Basically starts acting like a junky.

I mean, maybe that was just the result of the astonishment following his first trip / his sudden interest in the drug itself ? wanting to go again right after isn't necessarily a sign of disrespect for the molecule, especially given the short duration of effect of DMT.

Though you were there and you know him so I imagine the comparison with a junkie is based on more than that.

This is not meant to be judgemental, though in my mind, when i think about the situation, your friend was just honestly mind blown by it, and that the one and only natural reaction was: "lets do it again, was awesome!".

Like heck, if you do coolest thing in your life, why wont you do it again after that? Argument against that, is, that it is something to be considered like "holy", and anybody who wants to do it again after that is a sure junky, who cant get enough!

I must assume here, that it was your friends the most spontaneous reaction to DMT.

Thus it is to be considered, who am i to come between my friend and hes/her relationship with DMT?

Lucid.deviance said:
...I was so disappointed because I wanted to share the experience with someone who appreciates it the way that I do, but he has zero respect for it...
Maybe "having zero respect" can use some clarification? To different people this can mean different things.

Love appears said:
This is not meant to be judgemental, though in my mind, when i think about the situation, your friend was just honestly mind blown by it, and that the one and only natural reaction was: "lets do it again, was awesome!".

Like heck, if you do coolest thing in your life, why wont you do it again after that? Argument against that, is, that it is something to be considered like "holy", and anybody who wants to do it again after that is a sure junky, who cant get enough!

I must assume here, that it was your friends the most spontaneous reaction to DMT.

Thus it is to be considered, who am i to come between my friend and hes/her relationship with DMT?

Love appears makes some good points here, there's definitely people like this when they get their feet wet. They just want to go back. It was so mindblowing that they just want to jump right back in.

Though I know also that jumping back in asap sometimes can lead to you biting off more than you can chew. This has certainly happened time n time again with newer people. It's noones fault though, it can just be the nature of it sometimes.

I understand the OP also, you want to be careful on how people are introduced to this experience, make sure everything's squared away as best as possible, but then really it comes down and back to what Love appears mentioned - coming back to the discretion of the individual that you introduced; you're just there to provide and be present more or less, be a silent shoulder. It can definitely be a fine line to walk.

I will say also that you are the person giving the experience to this individual, so I do understand if you feel certain apprehensions in just handing over the keys so to speak.

I will say though that the more years you spend in diving in with this stuff ..it is no toy. Always try to keep that in mind in some form while allowing them to have this experience.

My friend is a recovered crack addict. He has ban clean for a decade. It wasnt so much as saying let's go again as it was the look in his eyes when he said it. Like Gollum or something. I have seen that look from him before, and I don't ever want to see it again.

An addict doesn't respect the drug they are addicted to. Infact, you could take it a step further and say that an addict becomes addicted because they don't respect the drug.

To me, drugs are not an escape from reality. Rather, they are simply a bit of spice on an already awesome existence.

He is one of my best friends, and it was just a painful reminder of the person he once was.

I just imagined Gollum, where ring has been turned to living, loving thing, that can take care of you in the most unpredictable ways. Gollum may have some future.

im not sure you can use dmt to escape reality. sure, you will enter a different reality. but at least for me these different realities are all about this reality, albeit encoded, like dreams are. if your friend liked dmt, it might indicate that he is actually willing to deal with reality on this level.

I'll take all this under advisement. As I said, this is one of my best friends and I care about him. To be fair, after hearing some of your responses, I reevaluated the situation and perhaps my memory of the peron he once was played a role in my feelings to his reaction.

Perhaps I will give him another chance at it after I discuss my concerns with him. But I stand firm on not handing over the keys, as Tatt said (really good way of putting it.

If he wants it for his own use, he can take matters into his own hands.

Thanks for this thread. I'm actually getting ready to introduce a good friend of mine, but he is a little older than me and has had a lot more and differing psychedelic experiences.

He's a pretty level-headed and logical guy and I would say the only thing he is or ever has been "addicted" to is cannabis, so I'm not particularly worried. It's still a good reminder to keep one's head up and really think about it, though. Like tatt said, it is no toy.

I think perhaps he just thought it was awesome, and ya know it's good to respect DMT but i do think that if you get to the point of abusing DMT or using it for the wrong reasons, it'll smack you down and teach you a lesson, which is one reason i don't find DMT to be all that abusable. I took oral DMT daily/near daily for 4 years, never abused it, disrespected it, or used it to escape reality, it just brought me more into reality rather than allowed me to escape from it.

It's easier to "abuse" vaped DMT i would imagine, but oral DMT will really beat you down, especially that come up, so if you think he may try to abuse it, see how he reacts to oral DMT lol.

Back
Top Bottom