• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Vape Juice not fully clearing

TransistorBass

Plants🌿eh, who knew!
Donator
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
990
Merits
9,426
Mixed up my usual 1.7ml PG with 0.75ml VG 600mg DMT, and also added 40mg Citric Acid and my mix won’t fully clear yet.

This was some of the cleanest most lovely spice I’ve extracted and the bit of citric acid was powdered before adding.

Thoughts?
IMG_3373.jpeg
 
The only difference to my last Citric mix was that I didn't add any VG, the DMT was 800+mg with 100mg Citric and dissolved without issue in ambient temps.
 
It will eventually dissolve, no worry, it shouldn't be a problem with this DMT/PG/VG ratio. To speed things up, I usually put my jar in the oven set at about 50°C-60°C, I keep an eye on it, I shake a few time, it's usually ready in 10 minutes (with PG/VG juices).
 
Citric acid takes way longer to dissolve than DMT, and the saturation point seems lower. What I did in my last batch was to saturate the PG with citric acid (it wasn't that much), then filtered it, and then dissolve the DMT.
 
Ideally, I'll be avoiding filtering. And I've dissolved much greater amounts of Citric before without issue.
When I said filtering, what I meant was simple decanting, really. I dissolved it all in a 10ml glass, and then decanted it into a different one, and dissolved the spice in the second one.

Are you using the same batch as before? I changed my source of citric acid and the new one seems way more difficult to dissolve. I dont know why, but this one saturates, and the one before that used to work just fine without decanting.
 
I changed my source of citric acid and the new one seems way more difficult to dissolve. I dont know why, but this one saturates, and the one before that used to work just fine without decanting.
That's because there are two forms of citric acid: anhydrous and monohydrate. You probably switched from one to the other. Presumably, one of the two dissolves less easily.
 
That's because there are two forms of citric acid: anhydrous and monohydrate. You probably switched from one to the other. Presumably, one of the two dissolves less easily.
That's probably the answer then. I believe my new one that doesn't dissolve very well is monohydrate, but I'd love if someone knows for sure which
of the two dissolves better in PG

Is there an easy way to test it?
 
That's probably the answer then. I believe my new one that doesn't dissolve very well is monohydrate, but I'd love if someone knows for sure which
of the two dissolves better in PG

Is there an easy way to test it?
Maybe @Transform could answer this. The problem I noticed is that the anhydrous/monohydrate information isn't often readily available on the package (at least in my country), one has to investigate to know which of the 2 forms he has in hands.
 
Back
Top Bottom