• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Bufotenine Extraction

Migrated topic.
mixed the toasted freebased snuff powder with 99%iso in a shallow jar, shook it for a while and let it settle and sucked up the alcohol with a glass eye dropper...takes a few minutes but its better than a filter..

Did that 2 times, then put it in a glass dish, came back an hour or 2 later and there was some crap that dropped out of solution so I sucked up the alcohol once again and evapped it..

So I smoked about 15-20mg of my extract about 15 minutes ago and it's really getting into the visual range now..things are definatily glowing more than at the lower doses and the euphoria is greater, the DMT nexus logo is breathing and brings out the geometry and sort of pops out 3-dimensionaly..my seashell that I burn sage in was actaully bending around like a cartoon for a minute or so while I was lookingat it..with eyes closed I keep perceiving rainbow colours but not really with my eyes..still no nausea...kinda feel slightly edgy..the way tryptamines can do that..like waves of complete ecstacy and then that overwhelming feeling that acompanies it..but it's all good! I dont really agree that bufo is only visual and not psychedelic either..there is for sure some mind warp going on, a very euphoric empathy that feel mind expanding..in my experiences anyway...maybe not as mind warpish-ish as DMT or psilocybin, but I still feel that mental nudge that can tend to throw me off, especially with psilocybin..

Well I think thats been 3 or 4 days in a row taking bufotenine now..so I am going to take a few days to a week away from it and then experiment some more..I am already planning to take psilocybin tommorow night on a camping trip and I dont want tolerancy to build to tryptamines at all...

Seems it will be real promicing at higher and higher doeses..

If the result of a bufotenine extract dries hard and yellow without assistance is that a good sign?

This was on a small batch of seeds... maybe 5-10g's. I follwed jorkests tek up to the point where you have your dried sodium carbonate and extract after the fumerate stage in acetone. then I added naptha drop by drop until I had a few precipitates, then pour of the solvent and evapped.

Resulting metrial is hard and amber, but showing no signs of crystal formation... It's hard as rock though.

Here's what I have after one acetone:naptha purifacation:

bufo.jpg

I'm quite excited now, as thats the cleanest I've gotten this stuff with the least work. I wasn't even being careful with it as I didn't measure anything or even think too carefully about the process, so all I know is the materials used (too much screwing around here). There's a little bit more to get out of a gooey little pile I have, plus 90g's more seeds to play with.

Im not going to bother trying to get the solubility ratio on that tiny bit until I have more meterial extracted because I'm crap at working with small amounts. But now I've got a brief idea of what I have to do I'm going to extract the rest of the seeds (awaiting more acetone) then experiment to find out the correct ratio of acetone:naphtha.

Oh... yeah I'm not actually using naphtha but a commercial lighter fluid that's very popular in the UK, but it's what I use for DMT extractions, so it should be about the same.

Tell me about it!

This is my first attempt going for something clean without using limonene, so it's better than I expected so far. I reckon if I play with the ratios I can get something close to the mek:heptane method.

Just waiting for more acetone now. In the meantime I'm trying your IPA thing that I'm going to infuse into some caapi leaf.

Judging by the looks of it, the solvent mix needs to be more non-polar. It looks good though. I think that would be useable as is, with a little nausea present at high doses. Once you get it off-white, there should be no more nausea present.

man I need to try this soon..mostly so I can give it to friends who cant handle any nausea..I took a large dose this morning and saw some really nice visions of a paisley domed roof thing with eyes closed like I was inside of it, really intricate like the "DMT dome"..but there was nausea at the beginning leading into the trip stage..I think I have just become accustomed to the side effects..I can handle dosing high but no nausea would be nice..my friend smoked some with me one day and he liked it at a lower dose but I could tell he was having a hard time when he took more.

69ron said:
Judging by the looks of it, the solvent mix needs to be more non-polar. It looks good though. I think that would be useable as is, with a little nausea present at high doses. Once you get it off-white, there should be no more nausea present.

I've never really had problems with nausea, but all that extra stuff just serves as dead weight.

I've gone for a second run with a acetone:naphtha ratio 1:3, stirred thoroughly and the leftovers are looking much darker this time and the solvent mix is a shade of yellow with a milky looking texture.

How much of the inner powder do you get from an average seed? And is it definetly reccomended to do an extraction and not make the snuff? Hm.. Think i'll try both.

The shells on the seeds are paper thin. Once it's all blended up you'll be amazed just how much is in there.

I'm say meet in the middle and do a refined snuff. Basically all the toasting and basing steps to make the snuff then pull from it with a good solvent then evap. I hate havin to blow plant matter out of my nose afterwards. Also it's much easier to smoke without all the other crap.

"I hate havin to blow plant matter out of my nose afterwards. Also it's much easier to smoke without all the other crap."

Did you get any visions/decent euphoria when snuffing it?..snuffing is something I want to try with the seeds but I have never snorted anything.

Nah, I only ever tried snuffing toasted and based seeds and some of the powder really irritated my throat. 400mg and no effect, so I think I would have to snort at least a gram.

But if you have some extracted I think that would be ok, but expect a bit of a burn. I think nasal dosage is around 60-100mg for pure bufotenine, so maybe 2-300mg crude extract may do the job. That's a lot when you think about how much you get from so little with smoking.

SWIM doesn't like snorting the snuff or pure freebase bufotenine either.

Freebase bufotenine snorted is not so bad. A good dose is anywhere between 25-200 mg. It stings a tiny bit, that's all. But snorting is just plain unpleasant and not as potent as smoking it, so it's a waste. Whenever SWIM snorts anything he gets a headache, running nose, etc. The act of snorting is no fun for SWIM but it gets you to a more ayahuasca like state than smoking it does, but it's a little less visual that way and has more body load.

People who are used to snorting things are likely to enjoy it. SWIM just hates snorting anything at all.

<<Soulfood, your extract looks quite clean compare to SWIM's misc attempts !

Did you toasted the seed before acetone extraction ?

soulfood said:
If the result of a bufotenine extract dries hard and yellow without assistance is that a good sign?

This was on a small batch of seeds... maybe 5-10g's. I follwed jorkests tek up to the point where you have your dried sodium carbonate and extract after the fumerate stage in acetone. then I added naptha drop by drop until I had a few precipitates, then pour of the solvent and evapped.

Resulting metrial is hard and amber, but showing no signs of crystal formation... It's hard as rock though.

Hey I'm a bit confused. When and into what did you add naphtha drop by drop? Into the acetone with freebase in it?

Yeah, but don't do that.

You want a solvent thats not going to change in polarity for best results, so rather than adding more acetone you want to be stirring thoroughly.

Sorry I can't be more helpful with the ratios.

Wait sorry but I think I'm more confused, I don't need ratio's. After the bufo fumurate is freebased and dried, did you add that to the acetone:naphtha? Or was there a step in between I am missing?

Back
Top Bottom