• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Chronicles of hysterix

Migrated topic.
Dude I literally don't know the reason. I smoked spice myself, and now, all I want to do is distribute it in mass; I don't know why.

I totally understand.

I enjoy free speech - so long as it's not inciteful and hateful (...as it's been used in this thread, unfortunately...)

Dude that is bullshit! Then you don't really believe in free speech! I think Nazis (and anybody else) should be free to say/believe whatever they want!

I do not like this whole "hiding in the shadows" attitude... People are going to find out about DMT (and other entheogens) one way or another... there is no hiding it! I would rather them hear about it from me then the media!

[quote='Coatl]I do not like this whole "hiding in the shadows" attitude... People are going to find out about DMT (and other entheogens) one way or another... there is no hiding it! I would rather them hear about it from me then the media![/quote]

That's sounds great & everything, but I have been busted before (for MJ, not DMT) & I'm pretty sure your attitude would no doubt change quite a bit from the back seat of a squad car!!
I would love to live in the Utopian society where people could do what ever they want, when ever they want, but we do not live there right now.
If you call attention to yourself, your going to get that attention eventually, whether you planned for the repercussions or not...

Those people who are wanting to experience this world will no doubt seek it out...and should have to do that!!

WS

THE DIMETHYL MAN MAN said:
BoKuDen said:
I think Set and Setting should also apply when spreading the word; you've got to know who you're educating. -Not random nuts on you tube looking for disposable entertainment..aka drugs to them.

I don't really think the guy was being that irresponsible.

He specifically said he had prepared them and that all participants knew what they were getting into and still agreed. Granted that there really is no way of preparing anybody for something like that, and you can't EVER know what their reaction is going to be.

Agreed. After my experience I wanted to tell all my friends and shout "it" from the rooftops!

But that's not a realistic approach, since any attention from mainstream only knows how to put such substance in a negative light.

On that note, to avoid incrimination, I believe care and discretion should be considered at all times,(when using or informing)
because yes sitting in the back of a squad car sucks. Leave it to government to make nature illegal :roll:

[quote='Coatl]
Dude I literally don't know the reason. I smoked spice myself, and now, all I want to do is distribute it in mass; I don't know why.

I totally understand.

I enjoy free speech - so long as it's not inciteful and hateful (...as it's been used in this thread, unfortunately...)

Dude that is bullshit! Then you don't really believe in free speech! I think Nazis (and anybody else) should be free to say/believe whatever they want!

I do not like this whole "hiding in the shadows" attitude... People are going to find out about DMT (and other entheogens) one way or another... there is no hiding it! I would rather them hear about it from me then the media![/quote]

Coatl', think of the classic "shouting fire in a crowded theater" senerio. If we were allowed to do this (100% free speach) people would get hurt because of our speach. There are limits on it. I do NOT believe that a grown man or woman has the right to walk up to a child of 5 and start spouting off sexual references. 100% freedom of speach sounds great until you note that there are exceptions that are detramental to our society at large. I am a Libertarian at heart, but even so, 100% free speach is a bit scary to me.

And Nazi's and KKK DO have the right to speak, march, protest, and the like. They do it all the time. The poliece are usually seen PROTECTING these people from everyone that is around.

I HATE hiding in the shadows as you say...but I have to. I cannot come into work and try to hand out an illegal substance without serious reprecussions. I cannot stand on the corner and hand out Aya to passersbuy. I have a family, and would be sorely missed if I was in jail for years due to handing out plants that should be legal. Keeping a low profile is what many of us have to do to a) continue our exploration of these plants b) not be persecuted for our beliefs.

The thing is, some of us are trying to CHANGE these laws so that we can come out of the ethno-closet. Doing so is probably the best thing we can do right now.

Jusy my 2¢

Yes we are walking a fine line. Progress is being made in the scientific and political activism arena concerning psychoactive drugs in general. We are learning so much about them and their potential. Just look at the explosion in cannabinoid research in the last decade. Look at the resurgance of psychedelics being studied again in the sciences. Its happening. Unforunately it is going slowly and maybe no one on the ground sees it but its happening.

Realize that drug legalization takes more then proving that a substance is safe or useful as medicine. It takes a paradigm shift in the way humans behave. Until the idea is realized that no one has the right to tell anyone else what substance they can and can't put into their body (disabled people and children excluded) then drugs will never be 'free' from legal restraint. People are less inclined to start to change that attitude when a bunch of hippies with signs invade their town and piss everyone off. Educating people is the key in this battle not drugging everyone in sight and converting them.

acolon_5 said:
...Coatl', think of the classic "shouting fire in a crowded theater" senerio. If we were allowed to do this (100% free speach) people would get hurt because of our speach. There are limits on it. I do NOT believe that a grown man or woman has the right to walk up to a child of 5 and start spouting off sexual references....

Right. Speech is always made in a VENUE, and, in a simple human sense, we all know that different types of moderation of speech are appropriate in different venues.

As the OWNER of the nexus, it's up to The Traveller how things are run here (THAT'S freedom, too). I think what he wants (in his place) is positive, constructive, affirming, and well considered speech on the topic of spice and related areas. It's a reasonable approach for a forum; it can certainly benefit a lot of people; and none of us would be here if he hadn't set it up and maintained it.

If someone wants to scream the virtues of spice from the rooftops, they would have to do so from some other roof that the roof of the nexus.

'Coatl, are you aware that nazis and skinheads regularly show up to anti-globalization protests? Personally, I feel that though governing bodies should allow them to do whatever they want within reason, the groups participating in the protest should probably take it upon themselves to ostracize them and subvert their presence there, as their presence generally subverts the whole protest.

amor_fati said:
'Coatl, are you aware that nazis and skinheads regularly show up to anti-globalization protests? Personally, I feel that though governing bodies should allow them to do whatever they want within reason, the groups participating in the protest should probably take it upon themselves to ostracize them and subvert their presence there, as their presence generally subverts the whole protest.

This is quite true. It is also true that there is almost always a huge crowd of peopel protesting THEM. It's amazing how this works, they can spout off their hate (as is their right) but the masses are also allowed to voice their displeasure with THEM (within reason, hence poliece protection for these hate filled groups).

Wow this thread has really grown into something positive. I'm glad it wasn't shut down.

Also, Coatl' please understand no one is attacking your views, you are 100% entitled to them. Some of us just have a different perspective on things. Glad you are back with us!

Good bye proxy-bot.

Not only will I ban you every time I see you, any future posts you make will also be deleted.

I am truly confused why you want to be at a forum where you have made yourself unwelcome and unwanted.

You are UNWELCOME and only have yourself to blame for that. If you want to keep wasting your time trying to keep posting, sure I guess. You can even change your avatar.

See, you don't understand. Everytime you come back I get 10PM's letting me know. It's not just me that wants you to leave. It's all the mods, the owner, and a LOT of our members that you have insulted. We've discussed letting you back, and the overwhelming consensus is that it is not worth it. You have shown great disrespect to us. If this continues I will delete EVERYTHING you have written, every thread, every report, every word.

I love this forum and am on here for 4-5 hours a day. It is no sweat off of my back to hit some buttons. Do what you will, I guess. I'm not angry with you man, I'm really not. I'm saddened by your lack of maturity, respect, and understanding. I would have thought that the spice would have taught you a bit more about respecting others.

I'm not sure if you are just a lonely guy with no job and nothing better to do, living at your parents stiring up trouble on forums for your giggles, or if you really have a mental illness and we should feel sorry for you, but either way, wow, dude, grow up.

I wish the best for you, just not around here.

"Educating people is the key in this battle not drugging everyone in sight and converting them" I will agree whole heartly with burnt and quit beating a dead horse.

I lowered myself by calling this guy a moron I regret that statement and am editing out of my orgional post but will leave the word here.

This is my last post concerning this matter.

M.V.

[quote='Coatl]

[/quote]

Coatl... please try not to misinterpret my (and others) words. I specifically said I enjoy free speech so long as it's not insidiously hateful. Nothing more, nothing less. No system of belief described. I don't enjoy hateful speech - doesn't necessarily mean I think those who speak it don't 'deserve' to be able to say it...

acolon_5 said:
Wow this thread has really grown into something positive. I'm glad it wasn't shut down.

See, I knew these types of threads were a 'necessity' here for a reason 8)

Hysterix, if you're still reading this:

You advocate spreading DMT en-masse, but realize that you are handing out one of the most profound experiences of their lives. Some people are not ready for that, and you can cause serious psychological trauma, not to mention give those who would ban it ammunition for their cause. I'm not saying to be elitist, picking and choosing who gets the magic, but you should think long and hard about the bad things that can happen from giving just anyone the spice. DMT is very safe, but not if someone is completely unprepared for its effects, and you have no right to expose such people to it. You say you prepare everyone properly, but you haven't convinced me one bit. You can only cram so much comprehension into 10 minutes.

No matter how much you know about DMT, you can't control the actions of others. You only have to turn on one reckless person for your actions to cause a lot of emotional and cultural damage. You come off as pretty reckless yourself, and that behavior will only encourage more reckless behavior.

That big-ass jar you have is a great gift to humanity, and we all appreciate what went into gathering that much spice, but it is also a huge responsibility and for everyone's sake you should find a better way to do the most good with it. Based on your behavior here, let alone your triangular buddy's, you don't appear to have begun to consider what it is you're holding, and are thus a liability to all of us.

I love your zeal and determination to wake everyone up, but I do hope you will think very hard about what you plan to do and what the consequences, for yourself and more importantly others, will be.

I very much dislike(I would say hate, but then I'm just as bad as them) Nazi and all forms of racist groups, but I still believe they should have the right to say whatever they wish.

Other than lying (such as yelling fire when there isn't one) I can't think of any kind of free speech which should be illegal (Although there is plenty of ignorant free speech, like racist propaganda).

Other than lying... what type of speech should be restricted?

[quote='Coatl]...Other than lying (such as yelling fire when there isn't one) I can't think of any kind of free speech which should be illegal (Although there is plenty of ignorant free speech, like racist propaganda).

Other than lying... what type of speech should be restricted?[/quote]

Almost everyone believes in free speech.

But people ALSO believe in gathering together in groups to share and discuss topics of mutual interest. They VOLUNTARILY gather together for a COMMON GOAL. That means that, generally, they have similar perspectives and want to share support and information. A group of people gathering together to share ideas about....sewing....would probably have NO INTENTION of spending the evening arguing about nazis! If they did, I'm sure most would see it as a FAILURE of their purpose, and a disappointment over their original intentions for the evening.

So....when people gather together specifically to share and support each other in common interests...it's usually not considered a forum for "free speech," it's considered a forum for "community speech."

IMHO- anything thing that isn't all of the following:
a) true
b) kind
c) necessary

now- many would argue that b is a little iffy... i mean, what if you had to tell someone some hard news? it's true and it's necessary that they know it....but it isn't really kind now is it?....

here's what i mean by "kind". presented in a way that is as compassionate and respectful as humanly possible. beyond your need to look good (or not look bad). beyond your need to feel "right" or on top. beyond "your agenda". if you've got true and necessary news to give someone....give it with true kindness. this is a human you are speaking to. a precious, perfect piece of a whole of which you are also a part.

what type of speech should be restricted?
hurtful speech.
and who should restrict it?
the one speaking, ideally... :)

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!

[quote='Coatl]I very much dislike(I would say hate, but then I'm just as bad as them) Nazi and all forms of racist groups, but I still believe they should have the right to say whatever they wish.
[/quote]

I really don't think anyone is saying that you do like nazis, 'Coatl. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have the right to free speech. I would certainly support any laws to keep theirs as well as everyone else's free-speech intact. HOWEVER, would you let them into your home and say whatever the hell they wanted and insult or verbally abuse you and your guests? I'm quite certain you wouldn't or that if you did, your quality of life would recede quite quickly. Likewise, there are several other destructive elements that I and many others would like to see kept out of our communities or at least restricted within them (not necessarily by law, but by those within it). I really don't see why constitutional rights should necessarily apply to every aspect of one's personal and communal life.

Alot of posts at this forum start off with how much time has been spent researching this material. How much thought and preparation happen before a spice experience show a persons responsibility and dedication.
DMT is usually a later phase of ones journey toward knowledge. I believe one must 'find' it on ones' own. Free answers are seldom worthwhile and to reinforce the notion that many here have put forth already, I think there CAN BE a difference between 'free' speech and 'responsible' speech. So shouting from the rooftops is just going to take mimosa down the same path salvia is being dragged. Use discretion. Channel your zeal in realistically useful ways. Ask for guidance from these wise nexians. There is a rare wisdom here.
I don't think you have a Messiah complex, Hysterix, but loving others sometimes means letting them learn things in their own time. After they have prepared themselves.
Speaking only for myself, if I had been shown the spice to early it probably would have scared me from ever doing it again. It found me when it was supposed to, after MY search was complete.
I DO think everyone should experience this amazing substance, but only when they are ready. And sadly, wisdom shows me that there are MANY who never will be. Acceptance of that fact is quite important.
Give a caveman a chrysler and catch him in a chasm. (alliteration, baby!)

J

jasons741 said:
Speaking only for myself, if I had been shown the spice to early it probably would have scared me from ever doing it again. It found me when it was supposed to, after MY search was complete.
I DO think everyone should experience this amazing substance, but only when they are ready. And sadly, wisdom shows me that there are MANY who never will be. Acceptance of that fact is quite important.

I think it would have been a bad thing for me to have gotten my mits on DMT back when I first started reading/searching for it, at 19 yrs old too, but for a different reason.
At that time I was riding high on a wave of excellent LSD, but waaaaay too often & only for the fun of it!!
And that was OK, for Me & LSD.
I imagine that I would have just done the same thing, if I could have had the access to DMT at that time in my life. I thought I was in interested in Psychedelics for the spirituality I felt from them. But I was just partying.:oops:
I know that now. Twenty years later...

I also sometimes wonder if having experienced DMT sooner, would have led me down the true consciousness-curious path faster.
But like you said Jason, my learning to extract DMT, it becoming a part of my life & effecting the way I think about things, came after I truly tuned into my own spirituality/consciousness, a bit later on in my life.
My spiritual awakening had absolutely nothing to do with psychedelic use, but DMT has since added to that in a significant way.
Like a key in a door.

WS

Back
Top Bottom