• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Extracting DMT from Mimosa Hostilis properly

Perlon

Rising Star
Hello everyone,

I would like to extract DMT from Mimosa Hostilis and am not satisfied with my first attempt. The end product is more of a powder than crystals and the effect is also somewhat disappointing. My throat hurts a lot after smoking and I have no auditory hallucinations and just few visual ones. The DMT also has only a slight yellow tint. When I extracted it, the solution also only had a slight yellow tint. How did you extract DMT and what could I have done wrong? Maybe someone experienced can put me through the process?

I also recrystallized the DMT again with the solution, but no real difference to before. The 2nd pic is the recrystallized one (and there was no pollution/oil in the glas).

Attachments

• tempImagehVkFWm.png
    tempImagehVkFWm.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 18
  • tempImageUsyPms.png
    tempImageUsyPms.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 18
Thanks for the quick responses :)!
I used to smoke with a pipe, but it's really difficult and a lot of DMT get lost. That's why I'm planning to smoke with the e-mesh method, because I may have been "smoking the wrong way" like @pantostao said.

I don't weigh my doses because there was always some left over.

Start weighing your doses. It’s a good idea to know how much you are loading in to your smoking device regardless of method. Most substances active in the mg range are very difficult to eyeball.

Any method of vaporization, e-mesh or otherwise, will yield a much more pleasant and flavorful smoalking experience than a pipe and fire.

Let us know what your experience is like once you’ve made your adjustments :D

Safe Travels
Sv

Last edited:
Even though I risk echoing what SV said above, learning to weigh one's doses is something a lot of people have had to learn the hard way. By not being one of those people, you're doing yourself a service.

Always weigh your doses, regardless of what substance you take. You can't be too careful.

Your extract looks pretty good to me, @Perlon.. as already mentioned, harshness/lack of effects is more likely to do with burning than anything wrong with your extract. Following the majority of teks with MHRB will at least result in something that is mostly DMT.. with varying consistencies of course. Experientially this should be of little consequence, unless the difference in texture is due to an external impurity (such as NaOH or Sodium carbonate contamination).

If you aren't happy with the powdery consistency then you can try a slow recrystallization. Dropping the temp slowly with your naptha will result in much larger crystals. Doing in the fridge works great as opposed to the freezer.. just takes a while.

Assuming you are not needing to hit your spice every day then waiting a day or two shouldn't matter too much. If it is cool where you are you could even just leave your naptha for a few days and see if it starts crystalizing. The biggest crystals I had the pleasure of were from leaving the naptha (or shellite as we call it in Australia) in the laundry for a few days during winter (not an especially cold one either). The progression from day to night ensured a nice slow drop in temperature.. the crystals were a completely translucent, cubed, "raw sugar" look but a little bigger.

The glass vapor genie is pretty reliable IMO when you figure it out.. aka lots of mesh so it vaporizes before it has the chance to leak into the pipe - and an added ceramic or steel scrubber pad which you load/melt your spice on. I'd recommend it.. I know many have migrated to the E-mesh method.. but I think there's something pretty magical about seeing the GVG plume up before transitioning to the alien other. Pressing a button takes a touch of magic out of it to me.. each to their own of course.

Last edited:
Hi Acacian, nice to see another Australian here- I'm new and green.... but excited by what I am reading here and looking forward to the extraction journey.
I've only had two DMT experiences and the first blew my mind in 2002 to the point I thought I didn't need to experience it again but after lots of reflecting and research I am ready to embrace the spirit molecule and share it with my intimate friends. I now am convinced DMT should be shared and honored.
Not sure what E-mesh method is?

Hi Acacian, nice to see another Australian here- I'm new and green.... but excited by what I am reading here and looking forward to the extraction journey.
I've only had two DMT experiences and the first blew my mind in 2002 to the point I thought I didn't need to experience it again but after lots of reflecting and research I am ready to embrace the spirit molecule and share it with my intimate friends. I now am convinced DMT should be shared and honored.
Not sure what E-mesh method is?
Here's one of the classic e-mesh threads:

Welcome to the Nexus!

And another one, since we still need to update the links after migrating to the new forum:

Hey baz :) .. or rather G'day!

Wow that's a long time since you last had DMT.. I bet you are excited to experience it again. You should find the nexus really helpful for extraction info.. I found it invaluable starting out.

Are you set on using mhrb? There's a number of Australian acacia that consistently contain DMT.. they're easy to cultivate and fallen branch/phyllodes are often still packing tryptamines. I'd recommend reading the Acacia info thread as well as the Acacia Extraction Workspace .. they're both a treasure trove of info

Last edited:
Here's one of the classic e-mesh threads:

Welcome to the Nexus!
thanks so much Transform :)
Hey baz :) .. or rather G'day!

Wow that's a long time since you last had DMT.. I bet you are excited to experience it again. You should find the nexus really helpful for extraction info.. I found it invaluable starting out.

Are you set on using mhrb? There's a number of Australian acacia that consistently contain DMT.. they're easy to cultivate and fallen branch/phyllodes are often still packing tryptamines. I'd recommend reading the Acacia info thread as well as the Acacia Extraction Workspace .. they're both a treasure trove of info
Hey Acacian G-day, thank you so much will look into the Acacia thread and Acacia extraction.
I was set on mhrb (my nephew had said to me I should get acacia and I dismissed it because I wanted to follow the video precisely) I had geared up for it after watching a tek by Chris Cantelmo on YouTube, however, I hit a brick wall with some fake mimosa and then I saw your post -thank you... ever so grateful!
This site is awesome not planning on going anywhere - found some glorious quotes and even ppl trying their hand at poetry and some narly artwork all in among some mind-blowing teks..... I'm going to like this gig!

Thanks mate talk soon!
baz

thanks so much Transform :)

Hey Acacian G-day, thank you so much will look into the Acacia thread and Acacia extraction.
I was set on mhrb (my nephew had said to me I should get acacia and I dismissed it because I wanted to follow the video precisely) I had geared up for it after watching a tek by Chris Cantelmo on YouTube, however, I hit a brick wall with some fake mimosa and then I saw your post -thank you... ever so grateful!
This site is awesome not planning on going anywhere - found some glorious quotes and even ppl trying their hand at poetry and some narly artwork all in among some mind-blowing teks..... I'm going to like this gig!

Thanks mate talk soon!
baz

Yeah, it has been a while since my last trip but it so blu my mind and I had this amazing download.... I still see it ....sitting under a raintree at mid-morning just afetr doing some yoga and my then-girlfriend encouraging me to keep going..... then my world changed forever with color so vivid and peace all around me and every leaf on the raintree was an eye from the perifial. I realized it was consciousness and it was ecstatically happy to see me and it dawned on me that in the higher realms, there is no judgment there is just creation, and WHAT'S NEXT? it was so humbling and life-reaffirming at the same time, I just wanted to sit with the experience and be fully nourished by it. Now I see that ppl are ready for same experience! So glad to have found this site feels like home :)

Start weighing your doses. It’s a good idea to know how much you are loading in to your smoking device regardless of method. Most substances active in the mg range are very difficult to eyeball.

Any method of vaporization, e-mesh or otherwise, will yield a much more pleasant and flavorful smoalking experience than a pipe and fire.

Let us know what your experience is like once you’ve made your adjustments :D

Safe Travels
I have now tried the e-mesh method. It was actually the way I smoked: it's still unpleasant, of course, but my throat doesn't hurt as much afterwards. Nothing is wasted anymore 😁
I am absolutely positively surprised that it is so much better.

I noticed another thing, as well as now on my last trip with approx. 20 -25 mg. I usually hope for beautiful colorful visuals, but this experience is denied to me by some entities. This has happened at least 3 times now. I ask myself why I am not allowed to see the beautiful colors and so.

Have you had similar experiences?
What can I do about it?

Usually a sign to leave hyperspace alone for a while. Such an experience is not isolated. If not heeded, what can come after, is either block out where you get nothing from the experience to a hyperslap where the experience is "punishing" in some way.

Nothing can happen at all and you happen to get what you want.

All the same, DMT seems to give you more of either what you need or what it wants to give you rather than what you want.

One love

Back
Top Bottom