• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

The Secret-Alchemist Club Anti-Nausea Shot

Migrated topic.
It's ok to take essential oils internally? I thought it was more intended for external use and tinctures were internal? Would a chamomile essential oil have the same benefits as chamomile tea when taken orally?
Chamomile's sedative effects are largely from the flavonoid content and this is not something which gets carried over into the essential oil. I would not recommend ingesting essential oil of chamomile. Also, there are two different kinds of chamomile available, with different properties. German chamomile gives the pretty blue oil, whereas from Roman comes plain, boring, oil-coloured oil.

Chamomile's sedative effects are largely from the flavonoid content and this is not something which gets carried over into the essential oil. I would not recommend ingesting essential oil of chamomile. Also, there are two different kinds of chamomile available, with different properties. German chamomile gives the pretty blue oil, whereas from Roman comes plain, boring, oil-coloured oil.
Thank for the info on the chamomile oil! I will stick to tea!

Thank for the info on the chamomile oil! I will stick to tea!
Btw, the infamous 69ron was advocating ingestion of chamomile oil to activate things like nutmeg and elemi. My honest opinion is that one drop obviously won't kill you but the onus of any tests is entirely on the experimenter. A strong intuitive sense of the aspects of self-poisoning, along with a firm grounding in the relevant biochemistry is, in my view essential.

Love the new(?) addition to your sig, btw!

Back
Top Bottom